forget momentum....technique wise.... how does gastelum win this?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
I just dont understand how Kelvin wins this.

Lets just forget about the shit that doesnt matter like "momentum" and their recent history. When they go in there to fight, they aren't going to be thinking about that shit. The only thing that matters is styles, techniques and physical attributes.

He wont win the grappling. If anything teh chris will probably win by mount gnp.
He has a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage.
Weidman doesn't just go forward all the time, he has shown that he has the ability and footwork to step back to avoid flurrys and damage.

Kelvin doesn't have leg kicks, or any kicking game. He's just a boxer with short arms in this fight.
Lets just assume that Kelvin does tag him... just remember this... teh chris survived a knee that would have killed most of us. How the fk did teh Chris not go unconcious from that.

blows my mind that weidman is the underdog.

Last edited:
The first step is making weight.

Shoot a lot, make Weidman work.

Try to get the fight into later rounds and hope your cardio is better.

Stick to him like glue, hit him in the face mini Cain style

Gastelum beats Weidman everywhere, i don't know how Gastelum keeps beating everyone everytime and yet people underestimate him

He's got the speed advantage, his cardio is better, and his striking is ever improving (His boxing and footwork is already good). Plus he's got a wrestling background and pretty solid TDD. Kelvins a worse match-up for Chris than even Gegard was.

Literally only thing Chris has on Kelvin is size.

He's gonna get Chris tired and destroy him.

Weidman fades in every fight and Gastelum has a huge gas tank. I can see weidman winning rounds 1-2 and then fading and getting caught. Gastelum is durable and keeps coming. Should be a good, close fight.

I just dont understand how Kelvin wins this.

Lets just forget about the shit that doesnt matter like "momentum" and their recent history. When they go in there to fight, they aren't going to be thinking about that shit. The only thing that matters is styles, techniques and physical attributes.

He wont win the grappling. If anything teh chris will probably win by mount gnp.
He has a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage.
Weidman doesn't just go forward all the time, he has shown that he has the ability and footwork step back to avoid flurrys and damage.

Kelvin doesn't have leg kicks, or any kicking game. He's just a boxer with short arms in this fight.
Lets just assume that Kelvin does tag him... just remember this... teh chris survived a knee that would have killed most of us. How the fk did teh Chris not go unconcious from that.

blows my mind that weidman is the underdog.
fighters live and die in their on minds. i would't bet a packet of dorito's on weidman.

Gastelum beats Weidman everywhere, i don't know how Gastelum keeps beating everyone everytime and yet people underestimate him
he's not "big" enough. fucking stupid concept. what is the point of martial arts if it only came down to who cuts the most weight. by the way, that is one of the reason weidman was being getting hammered lately, to much cutting ruins cardio and the ability to take shots.

Weidman fades in every fight and Gastelum has a huge gas tank. I can see weidman winning rounds 1-2 and then fading and getting caught. Gastelum is durable and keeps coming. Should be a good, close fight.

This. If Weidman doesn't finish him in the first two rounds, I could definitely see Gastelum pulling off the W.

Back