Who does Gus fight next...does it depend how Volkan vs Manuwa goes

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After destroying Glover, Gus is right back up there at the top of the contenders

I assume if Manuwa beats Volkan, Jimmy will get the next title shot

But if Volkan wins, does Volkan get a title shot, or does it go to Gus

If Gus doesnt get the title shot, then does he fight the winner of Shogun/OSP in a #1 contender fight

Corey Anderson and Misha are both coming off loses

Tyson Pedro/Latafi winner is to much of a step down...same with Cummins/Villante winner

He already smashed Manuwa, so no need for Rd. 2.

I think he gets next TS, no matter who wins.

With Rumble gone, he's the rightful heir.

He already smashed Manuwa, so no need for Rd. 2.

I think he gets next TS, no matter who wins.

With Rumble gone, he's the rightful heir.
I think if they want to do another UK show before the end of the year they might try to squeeze Jimi in as a title challenger, otherwise it's probably Gus v whoever wins outta DC v Bones

Wait a minute...he was "gifted' that title shot vs Cormier as he received it coming off of a loss. Beating Glover and Blachowicz shouldn't justify a title shot so soon. I think he needs a big win (I'm comfortable with him facing Cormier/Jones loser)

Gus already destroyed Manuwa and said he wouldn't fight him again so that's a no go thankfully.

If Volkan can pull off a win then Gus vs Volkan would make the most sense, but if not the LHW division would be stuck in a pickle once again.

Oh well, everyone would rather see Jones or DC vs Gus 2 anyway. But I'm sure if Cormier beats Bones he'll happily give Jones a rematch since he's obsessed with getting the best of Bones Jones.

Jones beats DC again
Rumble unretires
Rumble/Gus II is made

He'll likely get the next title shot. Especially if Jones wins, Jones vs Gus II is a big fight.

If Jones wins they will do the much anticipated rematch between them. Possibly at MSG

Manuwa is currently ranked 3 and Glover is still at 4. Gustafsson now has wins over both. It is absurd to risk losing a rematch of what many regard as the greatest fight in UFC history.

Last edited:
He gets the next shot for sure. No one else makes sense. Gus will be the champ before the year is over!

Back