Would DC be the greatest LHW of all time if he beats Jones?

Yuhp, DC would smoke all of Jones' previous opponents

If he beat jones and then won the third match perhaps. It def would make for a good argument in his favor. I have a hard time liking the guy personally but he is a great fighter

If DC wins I'm sure that would set up a trilogy fight at some point. If he wins that then ya I'd say so.

nope_zps9cfa59f3.gif~original

It would be 1-1 and Jones would still have 5 more title defense than him.

Gotta beat him twice at least to take the crown

IMG_0892.GIF

Unfortunately this guy currently "OWNS" Cormiers legacy. DC knows it, and so do his fans. Not happening. Stop smoking hopium TS.

Let's say DC lands u bunch of uppercuts, rocks Jon and has him staggering back on wobbly legs and then knocks him out with a 1-2 combination that drops Jones face first to the canvas.

How could he not be the greatest LHW of all time at that point?

Whether it will happen is a whole other story. Probably extremely unlikely. Will be rooting for DC though.

imo, this fight is for the p4p #1 spot.

DC was wrecking heavyweights when Jon was juiced to the gills. If, and it is a big "IF", he beats Jones, he will be up there, second to Jones as the best LHW of all time. That is just my opinion, but I think a trilogy fight would settle that argument if it came to that.

his list of LHW wins is not nearly as impressive as jones'

jones beat bader, shogun, rampage, evans, machida, TRT vitor

in a row, and they were all finishes except rashad

he also beat glover, gus and DC

hes beat pretty much every top LHW since he got into title contention, except rumble, forrest, hendo and davis, who got picked off by other people

i doubt DC will win at 214 anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
DC was wrecking heavyweights when Jon was juiced to the gills. If, and it is a big "IF", he beats Jones, he will be up there, second to Jones as the best LHW of all time. That is just my opinion, but I think a trilogy fight would settle that argument if it came to that.

Lol @ wrecking. All of his wins were decisions, two of them were snoozers (Nelson and Mir). He only knocked out glass chin Bigfoot. He never got to the real cream of the crop.

qO10_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Not chance, but he will no longer be DC = Disputed Champ he will officially be "UNDISPUTED" until then DC = Disputed Champ

Dc is the second greatest 205er of all time

Too bad he lives in bones world

yes. beating jones who beat everyone, beating gus who almost beat jones, and rumble twice who destroyed everyone not named cormier. not to mention, if cain wouldn't mind moving over for his buddy, cormier could possibly become the greatest heavyweight ever also by beating stipe and i figure around 4 consecutive defenses against people like overeem, werdum, and maybe a ferocious young gun like ngannu if his hype train isn't derailed at that point, before retiring.

"Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James."

or in this case "Just because you shot Jesse James after he shot you, yada yada".

Only if there is a finish. A decision will give doubts and lead to a rematch. A rematch that DC will likely lose.

Back