Why doesn't Dominick Cruz have a fight scheduled?

G

Guestx

I haven't heard anything about any injuries and he hasn't announced retirement, so what's up with the Dominator?

He was on the shelf for years, finally came back, won the belt, defended it, lost it and now has just receded back into the background as a media figure.

So is there something I missed? Did he just want one last hurrah as the champ before calling it quits?

He is on a six month hiatus from MMA to watch every Nicolas Cage movie in chronological order.

He originally stated his attention to wait for Cody/TJ and challenge the winner

I think he gets the winner of Cody vs TJ matchup.

That is honestly how I wanted it the whole time. If TJ wins, we get the rematch of TJ and Dom (Which was a very close first fight.)

He may be waiting. But, I think his body just can't handle the rigors of training, and fighting fulltime.

Kinda like Cain, but not self inflicted. So, I do sympathize a little.

But, you don't get a TS from losing the belt. That's fuckin ridiculous.

Assuming TJ and Cody are still going to fight I'd like to see him go against someone like Lineker. Huge fan of Cruz but he should get one win before getting another title shot just because he didn't really have much for Cody when Cody figured him out.

Isn't he getting his plantar fasciitis taken care of? It must be ridiculously hard to train with that type of ailment.

I haven't heard anything about any injuries and he hasn't announced retirement, so what's up with the Dominator?

He was on the shelf for years, finally came back, won the belt, defended it, lost it and now has just receded back into the background as a media figure.

So is there something I missed? Did he just want one last hurrah as the champ before calling it quits?

he's waiting for the winner of Cody vs. TJ

But, you don't get a TS from losing the belt. That's fuckin ridiculous.

Huge fan of Cruz but he should get one win before getting another title shot just because he didn't really have much for Cody when Cody figured him out.

Agreed. I'm a Cruz fan but he should have to win at least one fight before getting another crack at the belt.

Scared of the two men at the top of the division. Avoided Tj by fighting bottom top ten fighters in Uriah and Cody, the latter of which backfired horribly in him getting exposed. Lacks any humility to fight Rivera like he should, or call out Aldo (now would be a good time for that fight). But I don't expect Dom to have the balls to fight anyone bigger when he struggled to hurt guys at 135. In before someone posts a gif of his one stoppage against mizigaki which somehow is supposed to make us forget about him getting finished by Faber, and all his uneventful/ razor thin decisions.

I don't understand how he automatically gets the winner of Cody/TJ.

What is the reasoning behind that?

I would have gone with Tom Cruise

Renato Laranja wanted to film a short film spoof of Top Gun, with himself as Val Kilmer and Dom Cruz as Tom Cruise. Dominick turned him down. I lost some hespect for him after that

Renato Laranja wanted to film a short film spoof of Top Gun, with himself as Val Kilmer and Dom Cruz as Tom Cruise. Dominick turned him down. I lost some hespect for him after that

haha! that would've been great. Dom just slipped a notch in my book too

Assuming TJ and Cody are still going to fight I'd like to see him go against someone like Lineker. Huge fan of Cruz but he should get one win before getting another title shot just because he didn't really have much for Cody when Cody figured him out.

Although I think Cody won the fight, it's not as if Dom didn't land a lot of strikes and probably even snuck away with 1-2 rounds in that fight. It's probably the first time we have seen Dom look sort of flustered at all and I think that was more shocking than anything, that Dom wasn't controlling the pace of the fight and dominating his opponent.

Scared of the two men at the top of the division. Avoided Tj by fighting bottom top ten fighters in Uriah and Cody, the latter of which backfired horribly in him getting exposed. Lacks any humility to fight Rivera like he should, or call out Aldo (now would be a good time for that fight). But I don't expect Dom to have the balls to fight anyone bigger when he struggled to hurt guys at 135. In before someone posts a gif of his one stoppage against mizigaki which somehow is supposed to make us forget about him getting finished by Faber, and all his uneventful/ razor thin decisions.

Aside from TJ, which fight did he win that was a "razor thin decision"? Because he won basically every fight 50-45.

Back