Should Jon Jones challenge Miocic if he beats Cormier?

Tramero

50-0 Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's be real, Jon Jones is a big LHW, could be a HW without a doubt, he makes weight because of his skinny legs
10983678_405998936226642_569239563_n.jpg

pFn6cXT.jpg

method%253Dget%2526s%253Dandrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

bqhyzswciaektfz.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Jones and Miocic are the same height, but Jones is lanky while Miocic is fairly bulky. Miocic is also finishing top HWs in the first round. Jones doesn't want any part of that.

Jones doesn't want anything to do with Heavyweights.

He knows he won't enjoy the crazy height and reach advantages he does at LHW.

The last guy he faced with a similar frame (Gus) gave him all he could handle.

Now imagine someone like that (Ngannou, for instance) with 50lbs more muscle, who hits WAY harder.

Yeah, I don't see Jon abandoning LHW anytime soon.

Now imagine someone like that (Ngannou, for instance) with 50lbs more muscle, who hits WAY harder.

Gus has top notch boxing though. Most HWs are club fighters

Yeah right, buddeh.

That's No Bone Jones you're talking about.

He wouldn't, but if he did. Stipe would end him.

If Cormier doesn't choke Jones out first...That is.

Lmfao Stipe would stiffen him up in fucking 10 seconds.

I have a hunch he is going to go the GSP route and remain the dominant guy at 205. If he hadn't lost almost 3 years of his prime career due to stupidity and had cleaned out the LHW divison (which he pretty much has) including rematches with Gus, DC and beating Rumble, then possibly he would have done so.

At this point he will need a couple of years and some high profile wins to put all of his out of the ring crap behind him. By that point he will probably not have the desire to move up.

OSP had a similar frame and, although Jones won, he looked unimpressive against a woefully outmatched opponent. Like you said, moving to HW would eliminate his greatest physical gifts (height and reach). Also, he lacks KO power at LHW, and that deficiency would be even more noticeable at HW. Moving to HW would be a terrible idea for Jones, and he knows that.

Sure, he might easily beat the mid- and low-level HWs, but guys like Stipe, Werdum, and Overeem would walk right through him. The only high-level HW I think he has a good chance against is Cain, again because the length advantage.

Hes already challenged Stipe before.

If he beats DC hes cleared out the division, again.

Your pics only show half his body

Don't worry I got your back tho, TS

jones-legs-660x400.jpg

Most champions won't jump up to a weight class separated by 15lbs, Jones gets shit for not jumping up to a division where the weight limit is separated by 60lbs.

*sigh

I'd like to see it and think Jones has a great shot of winning. When has Stipe's TDD ever been tested by someone with elite wrestling?

Let's be real, Jon Jones is a big LHW, could be a HW without a doubt, he makes weight because of his skinny legs

pFn6cXT.jpg

Jones is 217lbs today a week out from a fight.

Overeem has reached 265lbs fight weight.

There are MW who cut more.

Height is not the same thing as weight, dummy.

Last edited:

pFn6cXT.jpg

You are too caught up in hight. He's a tall LHW not a big one. Cormier is a big LHW just not a tall one.

Imagine those coke nails slicing your eyeballs, and opp only getting a warning. Fuck Jon Jones.

Back