What happened to Dustin Hazelett?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I remember him having an exciting BJJ game and that last time I heard about him was when he was going to Karo but the fight was cancelled but then Dustin retired from the MMA.

It was a shame because he was a great dude and it was epic that all these years he turned out to be Donny from Sherdog since besides being called Mclovin, he was also called Donny Hazelnut.

The best and most badass BJJ usage in the entire UFC all thanks to Dustin:

he was cut from the UFC and then decided to go to school

i remember tamdan mcrory did the same thing except he actually came back

He lost 3 fights in a row and got cut from the UFC.

After that he retired and went back to school.

Tried lightweight.

Bocek tapped him with a triangle.

Hes making three times as much money as a paramedic now. Most likely wont see him back :(

All I remember him by is this
bjiddw.jpg

I always expected him to come back but he never did. He had some good fights and obviously had talent.

I always expected him to come back but he never did. He had some good fights and obviously had talent.

Eh, not insofar as the term means much in high level MMA. He was a terrible striker and his BJJ game, while flashy, wasn't exactly high level.

Eh, not insofar as the term means much in high level MMA. He was a terrible striker and his BJJ game, while flashy, wasn't exactly high level.

Fun to watch though, i think there are guys in the UFC that would be true fire matches.

he was a special grappler and gave us one of the best subs of all time. wish he would've came back but can't fault anyone for not wanting to take brain damage for a career.

Back