People around here are seriously underestimating Weidman

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
Yeah, he did lose three in a row, but hey... a little bit of context here, please. Luke Rockhold, Yoel Romero, and Gegard Mousasi. These are all normal losses, being MMA the sport that it is.

Now, out of a sudden, people seem to think that he's done. Not only that, his recent losses seem to have increased those dumb claims that his wins over Anderson were flukey.

Come Saturday, Weidman's gonna show that he's here to stay. He's for real. Watch it. See it.

tl;dr:
hqdefault.jpg

Weidman will do fookin nuttin.

Yep people are writing him off and saying "USADA" among other dumb shit. He isn't any worse now than he was when he was the Champ.

Weizmann beat some washed up legends but can't beat good fighters in his age range.

Whineman is a fraud.

And everything should be retested.

Yep, agreed brother.

Not sure if he wins, but anyone thinking Kelvin is just going to run right thru him is not giving him credit for the experience he has, and the level of competition he's faced.

He can win this fight, especially early. He has an underestimated ground game, and he has quite a bit of size / reach advantage on Gastelum.

I'm narrowly picking Gastelum, but would not be the least bit surprised if Chris proves me wrong.

it's ok to admit it's over

He's a great fighter no doubts but maybe he's considered a high level gatekeeper now

He's a great fighter no doubts but maybe he's considered a high level gatekeeper now
If Weidman had a gas tank he would destroy Kelvin easily.

But he's going to gas and get tee'd off on. If he has fixed his cardio it's going to be an easy night for him

Weidman's body looks frail, even sickly now, and he didn't have the most ripped one to begin with.

He was created to end the meaningful portion of AS's career. He's done that, so now there's no purpose for him except to lose.

Ppl just hate wiedman with a passion. And been drooling over gastelum lately. I guess no surprise he neat Hendricks kennedy and belfort in a row. 3 other heavily hated fighters. So of course fans are gonna ober hype him and over praise him. Hell if he beats weidman there will be a statue of kelvin made

Weidman beats Gastellum. If he doesn't he's moving to 205.

He can't fight 5 rounds, with the massive weight cutting he undertakes. His entire game is predicated on the takedown, so all you have to do is strength and conditioning and takedown defense, to make him work hard for that takedown for 2 rounds. After that, his fight IQ goes down the toilet.

I think it is a fight both fighters can win. Chris needs to win early, and Gastelum needs to push the pace throughout the fight.

USADA banning IVs did a number of Chris Weidman's career.

I don't think it's about underestimating Weidman as much as it is giving Gastellum the benefit of the doubt.

Chris Weidman is still a world class fighter who could easily regain the middleweight title, in Bellator.

Agreed TS, people completely wrote off Weidman as a fighter. He is being seriously underestimated around here

Back