UFC 205 judges should have been given a standing ovation

La Elefante

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Old news, but I don't care, this was not talked about nearly enough.

Judging is a thankless job for the most part, but can we agree that the judges absolutely hit the nail on the head with their decision to call Woodley vs Wonderboy 1 a draw?

I don't care who you're rooting for, that fight was a draw. It would have been the incorrect decision to give either fighter the nod in that fight.

If either fighter had been given the win there would have been endless debate about how bad of a decision it was and how the other guy won, but I rarely see people debating that the draw is the wrong call.

Imagine how much better it would have been for Gus vs Jones to be a draw or Nick Diaz 1,2,5 to have been called a draw.

For the judges:
dhMeAzK.gif

Imagine how much better it would have been for Gus vs Jones to be a draw or Nick Diaz 1,2,5 to have been called a draw.

I get your point, but your examples are poor.

The best example, IMO, is Shogun vs Hendo, which was without a doubt a draw.

Agreed. Poor examples.

True though, they deserve recognition for scoring that one correctly. It was Crosby and Cleary specifically. Although, Cleary also gets minus points for fucking up the second one

Agreed. Poor examples.

True though, they deserve recognition for scoring that one correctly. It was Crosby and Cleary specifically. Although, Cleary also gets minus points for fucking up the second one

Examples were more of an after-thought, but those were very controversial decisions which is why I included them. Honestly dont remember much about the fights, but i remember gus-JJ was razor close and nick diaz-condit was boring as hell.

It wasn't that hard to score

Sorry breh, Jonathan beat Alexander

S/O to them judges that got that one right

dhMeAzK.gif

Why not a sitting ovation? No one does those anymore.

A nice, silent, sitting ovation really says a lot.

After Ufc 209 I want My standing ovation and clapping back though.

Or Fedor vs Maldonado, which is ridiculously easy to score.

So they should get a round of applause FOR DOING THEIR FUCKING JOB RIGHT?!?!?! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. If anything they need FIRED when they under perform at their job, that's what happens in 99% of the other jobs out there.

Back