Dana White's "it" factor?

ShootTheOnesPodcast

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Does anyone besides myself feel the way they give out contracts to the selected winners of this show is kind of bullshit. Dana picked O'Malley because he felt he had "it." There were a number of really impressive performances from other winners on the card and Dana gave the contract to what seemed to be the gentleman taking on the lowest level opponent on the episode. Not taking away from O'Malley he was impressive but I felt others were as well and Dana's "it" factor is kind of a shitty way to pick these winners all things considered. Not to mention his previous history of picking the " it" guys Phillip Nover and Sage Northcut immediately come to mind.

https://www.google.com/amp/mmajunki...s-lone-ufc-contract-for-highlight-reel-ko/amp

the show is called Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender.
Having Dana pick the winner arbitrarily doesn't really challenges the premise of the show IMO.

Good. We don't need any more Mighty Mouses or Askrens or name your favorite boring fighter here. We need more Sage Northcutts and Paige VanZants that can't fight but look good. Wait wut nevermind ignore my post i'm a jackass

He wants pop icons who "can even throw a punch." That was his mentality with Conor, "if this kid can even throw one punch," and it paid off.

That is what he is looking for.

Does anyone besides myself feel the way they give out contracts to the selected winners of this show is kind of bullshit. Dana picked O'Malley because he felt he had "it." There were a number of really impressive performances from other winners on the card and Dana gave the contract to what seemed to be the gentleman taking on the lowest level opponent on the episode. Not taking away from O'Malley he was impressive but I felt others were as well and Dana's "it" factor is kind of a shitty way to pick these winners all things considered. Not to mention his previous history of picking the " it" guys Phillip Nover and Sage Northcut immediately come to mind.

https://www.google.com/amp/mmajunki...s-lone-ufc-contract-for-highlight-reel-ko/amp

Some of those other guys have sex offender registry, felonies and sketchy backgrounds. I'm not talking about that specific episode, however that would eliminate any prospective fighter from ever entering an octagon.

Combat Sports in general seems to attract a lot of shitbags. See Mike Perry. Perry is just borderline with his past.

Last edited:
dana-family-pic.jpg

Back