Let's say Jones wins, would Gus be a favorite?

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We all saw how Gus was the toughest opponent Jones had ever faced. Jones makes great use of his reach advantage and he couldn't use that against Alexander. The result was one of the most competitive and exciting matches we have ever seen.

Let's say Jones defeats Cormier (which i think he will), would Gus be the favorite if he'd get the next title shot (which i think he should)?

jones-gustafsson-2-sept-27_488577_OpenGraphImage.png

Gus beat Jones on steroids.

You're asking who would be the favorite now that Jones is being tested?

Are you fucked? He beat his ass after a weekend of cocaine

I think the rematch which will 100% be Jones next fight whether he beats Cormier or not should be a pick em -110 each. I will bet on Gus.

I think the rematch which will 100% be Jones next fight whether he beats Cormier or not should be a pick em -110 each. I will bet on Gus.
there's no way jones won't be a reasonably sized favorite.

No

But Gus will make it a fight, with rumble gone, it might be his time soon.

Betting favorite? No

But I would give Gus a solid shot at beating Jones after the way Alex dismantled Glover. His hands were looking quick and sharp.

He was able to hold his own in the grappling department with Jones too.

there's no way jones won't be a reasonably sized favorite.

Maybe pick'em is a little too low for Jones but I don't see him going south of -175. Gus +150-200 tops.
I hope he is favoured. More money to be made on Gus winning the rematch.

Let's be honest, Gus wins the first fight if that spinning back elbow of doom doesn't turn him into a zombie in the 4th round.

That was an absolute thrilling battle, I've watched it several times. Truly one of the great matches of this generation of fighters.

It's still unfinished business as far as I'm concerned and these two match up very well.

Jones will probably be a -190 favourite. Rightfully so.

Let's be honest, Gus wins the first fight if that spinning back elbow of doom doesn't turn him into a zombie in the 4th round.
gustaffson would've won if he never got beaten up and nearly finished, interesting logic

100% true, that back elbow changed the dynamic of the fight.

What we learned about Jones though - he doesn't just go away, he finds a way to win. The guy knows how to compete and isn't going to roll over. I think its also true he has more tools than any other fighter in the history of the sport.

Gus is the better boxer and both are freaky athletic and equally sized. I like Gus's hands all day, but Jones is far more unpredictable and has more weapons. The wrestling should just about equal out again I would imagine.

Ok?... But it's a fight. That's like saying if conor doesn't land that punch aldo wins.
If Anderson didn't get that choke on chael. Chael wins

I'd like Gus to win but i don't think he'd be a betting favorite .....

Back