Conor's Decline is Going to Soon, Sudden, and Rapid

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's the only top level fighter at his gym. That means that he's winning fights based on natural talent. Natural talent doesn't win you fights anymore when your talent and athleticism starts to decline after ~30.

Unless Conor switches gyms to learn top level skills so that he can win fights based on those, his decline is going to be soon, sudden, and rapid.

I don't think he intends on sticking around long. As obnoxious as he is, he seems pretty intelligent in regard to his career. He knows how to draw eyes, he knows how to earn big paychecks, and he knows the longer he sticks around the more likely he is to suffer damage and losses.

I'll be surprised if Conor takes three more fights inside a cage.

I won't blame him if he walks away from combat sports forever after the mayweather fight.

The idea for a guy like conor seems to be to get in, get rich, and get the fuck out while in good health. That doesn't bother me.

Yes , maybe..BUT HE WILL BE FAT in the $$$$ when he does.

He can simply bring in elite talent with that Mayweather money if he were so inclined.

But I agree that he won't stick around long in the first place. We certainly aren't going to be seeing the Conor version of Fedor/Mitrione or Anderson/DC.

I don't think he intends on sticking around long. As obnoxious as he is, he seems pretty intelligent in regard to his career. He knows how to draw eyes, he knows how to earn big paychecks, and he knows the longer he sticks around the more likely he is to suffer damage and losses.

I'll be surprised if Conor takes three more fights inside a cage.

I won't blame him if he walks away from combat sports forever after the mayweather fight.

The idea for a guy like conor seems to be to get in, get rich, and get the fuck out while in good health. That doesn't bother me.

Prepare to be surprised then.

Same to you, sir.

Conor is the new face of combat sports, especially after he lays out Floyd. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see him retiring around the age of 32/33 or thereabout, but that's still a good three or four more years.

He's the only top level fighter at his gym. That means that he's winning fights based on natural talent. Natural talent doesn't win you fights anymore when your talent and athleticism starts to decline after ~30.

Unless Conor switches gyms to learn top level skills so that he can win fights based on those, his decline is going to be soon, sudden, and rapid.

He has enough money to hire anyone in the world that he wants to train with.

But yeah he would probably be even more skilled if he had training partners that were just as good as him or better, training with him year around.

Switching coaches and everything isn't neccessarily a good idea though, maybe his team (which isn't perfect) is what makes him so great.

Conor is the new face of combat sports, especially after he lays out Floyd. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see him retiring around the age of 32/33 or thereabout, but that's still a good three or four more years.

You jumped the shark brother.

A guy who got his brain spun 360 by a Nate Diaz one-two isn't going to do any laying out against mayweather until mayweather decides to end it.

We're talking about ARGUABLY the greatest boxer in history against a guy who isn't even the greatest striker in MMA, which doesn't exactly feature the most refined of striking.

Are you even aware who he is fighting?

So Conor is about to start slowing down at 30 but Mayweather (who is also the only fighter of his calibre in his gym, and probably always has been) will keep on trucking at 40?

No Bias tho, amirite?

Well.. In any case..

He will have at least a total of 100M USD* to keep him warm by the time of his decline.

*All he has earned until now + MayMac fight check and sponsors + at least one more fight as UFC champ

Champ champ

2division.jpg

I don't even like this dude. Him and Mayweather, annoying personalities. But good job and well done as far as finances goes. All the other great fighters will only be dreaming about the amount of money this guy makes. So, good on him for being able to get that done.

It doesnt matter he already beat the game

Once the floyd fight is over it's lol to the bank

Some of the most wishful thinking I've seen on Sherdog in a while.

You salty Conor haters need to find something else to do with your lives lol. I know it eats you up that he KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds, won the Nate rematch, KO'd Alvarez and became the first "champ champ", and now he's going to make over a 100 million bucks to fight Mayweather.

Conor is a winner in the game of life and it's always going to be that way. Anyone who thinks Conor is just natural talent has no clue about MMA in general.

I remember when his decline was going to start with the Diaz rematch.

what are you going to do if it happens?

Be extremely happy for Conor and our sport, because even though I really hate Conor, I absolutely love MMA and Conor knocking out Floyd would probably kick-off some golden-era of MMA and attract TONS of new fans.

Conor isn't going to knock him out, though.

Conor need to learn top level skills? He is by far the greatest KO artist in mma today.

Back