Jon Jones talks about his past, future and ending his feud with Daniel Cormier.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
His future

"I'm excited to move forward in my life, and this victory is going to be a huge step in that direction," Jones told FloCombat. "I'm really sick of seeing the narrative and the way promos have been done, but at the same time, I put myself in that situation and I take full responsibility for my actions. I know it's going to take some time and me earning it for the narrative to change. I'm here to put in the work.

"To inspire others to never give up on themselves--that's really the blessing in disguise in this whole thing. It shows people it's never too late. You can be down but you're never out, and there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

"I'm happier than ever right now, but it got real dark there for me for a while. It was real ugly. I'm actually seeing a lot of light in my personal life, but as far as my career goes, I'm seeing a little bit of light. I think on July 29 it's going to be shining, shining, shining.

Dealing with his past:

"In my heart that stuff is over because I did my time for all the things I've done, but in the minds of the people, I feel like getting my belt back will help people move on," Jones said. "It will be a point where people realize this guy has been through this, this and that, but he's back where he needs to be. He's back on the throne, and let's see where his future goes from here instead of the focus being the reasons he's not on the throne because of getting in trouble.

"I've done the time and I've forgiven myself for the past. I've had a tremendous amount of punishment that I've had to fight through and stay faithful to the commitments required to resolve them. I feel when this belt comes back peoples' focus will change, and I'm excited for them to start focusing on the brightness of my future rather than the darkness of my past."

Ending the feud with Daniel Cormier

"This rivalry ends at UFC 214 and after [the fight] I honestly have no problem with Daniel Cormier,' Jones said. "If he wants to be friends, be a sportsman and realize I'm just the better fighter, that would be great. It would show a lot about who he is. I doubt he'll do that though based on how he acted the first time I beat him.

"I'd be willing to bet the house he's going to come up with some kind of excuse or reason why he lost this fight. I have friends who are all over social media and they tell me both Luke Rockhold and Cain Velasquez have been injured and haven't been training a lot. I really hope he really doesn't use that as an excuse.

"I'm hoping he can finally look himself in the mirror and say, 'Goddammit...maybe I should have caught Jon Jones back in 2008 when I was failing to make weight at the Olympics. Maybe when I was at that age I was the guy to beat him. Maybe I just tried this thing too late in life.

"I just want him to get honest with himself and be grateful for the time he did get to spend with the belt."

http://www.flocombat.com/article/59161-jon-jones-the-narrative-changes-at-ufc-214#.WW9bU3MpDqA

Jon is a disgusting person, but I sincerely hope he can change and become a better man.

"The only way he becomes that person, is he loses to me July 29th" - DC

Damn he threw DC under the bus with talking about ending the feud.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Last edited:
He starts with saying it's never too late, want to give people hope that they can always come back and be strong etc. etc.

And then he ends it with this:

"I'm hoping he can finally look himself in the mirror and say, 'Goddammit...maybe I should have caught Jon Jones back in 2008 when I was failing to make weight at the Olympics. Maybe when I was at that age I was the guy to beat him. Maybe I just tried this thing too late in life.

"I just want him to get honest with himself and be grateful for the time he did get to spend with the belt."

{<huh}

Fake person.

When you read the interview, the constant returning factor is him being obsessed with other people's opinions. What they think of him. This guy has not changed a bit.

Jon is a disgusting person, but I sincerely hope he can change and become a better man.

This is spot on. Rooting for DC.

A loss here would be Jon's chance to grow. Winning as he always has would lure him back into complacency. I think we could see the best Jon Jones if he takes a loss here then comes back truly hungry.

Last edited:
2638302-best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

B4 next DUI / Failed USADA test.

"I honestly have no problem with Daniel Cormier"

Honesty isn't exactly Jon's strong suit, is it?

<36>

I really feel like Jon Jones getting his ass kicked by DC would be a positive thing for his life

Thinks winning is a foregone conclusion. What a schmuck.

I guess that makes you feel better about your life? People are people dude. Stoping living life looking backwards. Everything that happened has already happened and it's over. People can change or simply redirect their focus.

hmm i gave dc no chance here but now i think he kinda does....

"I honestly have no problem with Daniel Cormier"

Honesty isn't exactly Jon's strong suit, is it?

I guess you also believe Conor and Mayweather don't like each other. It's called hyping a fight. Some people only watch because of the soap opera storylines so they need this shit.

I guess that makes you feel better about your life? People are people dude. Stoping living life looking backwards. Everything that happened has already happened and it's over. People can change or simply redirect their focus.

By your logic every second we are a new person and there's no culpability.

If Jon wants to be a better person he needs to take responsibility for his decisions and make up for it. Haven't seen that from him yet, but he's young so we'll see. Wont be surprised if he fucks up again though.

hmm i gave dc no chance here but now i think he kinda does....

Would be weird to give DC no chance after all the stuff that's happened. My main concern right now is DC missing weight. I know it only happened once but so many fighters who have had no issue making weight seem to be having issues now seems weird.

Agree with the second part, people can redirect their focus and keep themselves busy with other things/thoughts.

They don't change though. They can put up an act and pretend to be something or somebody they or not, but they don't really change.

Would be weird to give DC no chance after all the stuff that's happened. My main concern right now is DC missing weight. I know it only happened once but so many fighters who have had no issue making weight seem to be having issues now seems weird.

DC is OLD AS HELL. If he was 33-34 i would like his chances way more but when you are on the 40 side it will be a downhill road for you in this sport.
That being said, im curious about how will Jones look after all those scandals and usada. I said many times that i dont think he will ever be the same but even a washed up Jones is good enough to beat most if not all of these lhws. i just think he will win based on DC being old.

Back