Should it be required KOed fighters work with neuroscientists after KOs

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not just doctors, who can check to see if they had concussions, and tell them to sit on the sidelines for a couple months, but dont give them any advice on how they can recover during this time off

But neurosciences, who can help their brains recover from the damage they take during fights

Neuroplasticity is the way of the future, but only if you learn how to do it correctly

Maybe the UFC can hire neurosciences to make brain recovery routines, guided healing meditations, positive affirmations, binurial beats, isochronic tones, anti inflammatory diets

Just trying to help

They should work with Bill Nye.

He's a science guy. Close enough.

Yeah I'm sure Reebok and WME are committed to financing elite, WORLD CLASS treatment by once in human history physicians.

For sure.

That would confirm how dangerous the sport is to the naive casual audience, so UFC probably doesn't want to do that.

Also, money.

The more times you get knocked out the more your body gets used to it. Just like conditioning your body for anything. Its science bro.

Double dose of Alpha Brain is the only thing required after a concussion.

True story: I started taking Alpha Brain in 2016, and immediately started getting 7 likes per post as opposed to 2 before.

Personally, if I had physical trauma, I'd look into it myself aswell as take Doctor's advice. If the fighters can't bother to get themselves checked properly, that's on them. I remember a recent fighter who died after being KO'd in the ring after God knows how many times in the past. Responsibility...

Yeah I'm sure Reebok and WME are committed to financing elite, WORLD CLASS treatment by once in human history physicians.

For sure.
Lolol, "...once in human history physicians" Do you really think we're not going to get better physicians, nor believe in the possibly super-human physicians in the form of medical AI, in the future? Silly statement.

Sounds like "Once in human history athlete, Ronda Rousey"

Not just doctors, who can check to see if they had concussions, and tell them to sit on the sidelines for a couple months, but dont give them any advice on how they can recover during this time off

But neurosciences, who can help their brains recover from the damage they take during fights

Neuroplasticity is the way of the future, but only if you learn how to do it correctly

Maybe the UFC can hire neurosciences to make brain recovery routines, guided healing meditations, positive affirmations, binurial beats, isochronic tones, anti inflammatory diets

Just trying to help
Im not trying to be mean bro but your post is kind of confusing. Neuroplasticity is the brains ability to adapt and chance from different experiences. Its done by the brain automatically. How is this the wave of the future?

That would confirm how dangerous the sport is to the naive casual audience, so UFC probably doesn't want to do that.

Also, money.
yea exactly - you dont wantt to admit something like that - the argument is 'its way safer than boxing' and other logical fallacies like that - spending money on the problem is completely out of the question, unless you get a huge perception boost, in my opinion - thats just bad business otherwise

I think making them get a tomography after getting KO is enough to prevent most tragedies.

It wouldn't make me mad.

If these guys can retire without some lasting, and life altering effects, great.

I think combat sports have a savage beauty about them, but post fight careers can just be plain savage, and I never want to see someone I admire end up struggling to assemble a sentence. I just respect these guys way too much to be okay with that.

Why on earth should it be a requirement?

What is it with you people and this obession of yours with controlling other people

Last edited:
you dont know what a neuroscientist is.

they study the underlying mechanisms of the brain. they are not trained in patient care. many dont even work with living patients throughout their entire career.

Back