Machida vs Wand

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Who would win this matchup of ultimate elusive striker vs ultimate aggressive striker?

1. Prime vs prime

2. Current versions

1. Machida

2. Hard to say. Hopefully Machida.

I think lyota machida beats Wanderlei now and in their prime. Lyota machida is just a more diverse and technical striker, that would easily outclass Wanderleis aggressive style. Machida will find openings and look to counter Wanderlei coming forward. Machida is more techncial, diverse, and well rounded

Machida now and Machida then

Wand seems like very one dimensional these days

In a cage or ring?

Machida would do better in a cage and Wand in a ring.

Leaning towards Machida in both but Prime Wand always has a chance to land a fight ending barrage.

machida is superior to wanderlei

I think lyota machida beats Wanderlei now and in their prime. Lyota machida is just a more diverse and technical striker, that would easily outclass Wanderleis aggressive style. Machida will find openings and look to counter Wanderlei coming forward. Machida is more techncial, diverse, and well rounded

It's worth noting that Shogun changed his old, hyper-aggressive Chute Box style for Machida. He brought in a karate guy, trained really hard and fought his most technical fights ever against Machida. The Machida-Thiago Silva fight showed how prime Machida would dismantle a very simple/aggressive Chute Box fighter.

Wand was a roided beast back in pride.
1. Wand by murder
2. Don't ask dumb fucking questions. Machida

Lmao lyoto beats him 18/20 times

Machida wins both times, but current Machida is not a LHW tho.

True but Wand has fought at MW too, they are/were both smaller LHWs who can do either.

Yeah, yeah, i totally forgot about Wand fighting at MW yes, i got carried away by his last fight at 205 in Bellator.

oqdQhaT.jpg

Prime Wandy, Machida now.

Shertards seem to have no idea just how dominant prime Wandy was.

I think a lot of folks forget what a beast wand was for a loooong time in Pride and that Pride rules for NOT benefit a fighter like Lyoto

In a pride ring, prime Wand would take him out.
Cage, Lyoto would ride out a boring decision
machida's precision is so precise

he would have countered wanderlei on the regular

Back