So is the LA UFC the real UFC showcase event of the yr and the July 4th show is just a filler show?

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For years, the UFC has always used the July 4th week to put on their biggest fight cards of the year. However last years was a dud. UFC 199 in LA was way better than 200.

And this year, 213 is falling apart, no Cody fight, Cerrone is out, and WMMA is the main event.

Again, UFC's LA show, UFC 214, is getting more stacked by the day. Already two title fights and they're adding Woodly vs Damian for a THIRD title fight on the same card.

So is the UFC's LA show the new big UFC event of the year? It sure seems like it.

My theory is that now that a huge Hollywood agency owns the UFC, they are putting on their biggest event in LA as a showcase to the industry insiders.

What do you all think?

I just arrived at work, this is all I can think of
Sonny_001.gif

QONVIyz.gif

As someone who lives in LA...this is truly a blessing by the WME gods.

P.S. Anaheim is in OC, not LA.

P.P.S. Hate to be that guy but maybe they're adding a third title fight because they know one of them isn't happening.

QONVIyz.gif

As someone who lives in LA...this is truly a blessing by the WME gods.

P.S. Anaheim is in OC, not LA.

P.P.S. Hate to be that guy but maybe they're adding a third title fight because they know one of them isn't happening.

Ha, you could be right. It would be a blessing if Jones can make it.

45 minute drive from LA. It's LA.

please never call Anaheim "LA" ever again

its orange county, friend

Splitting hairs. I live in LA as well. If people are flying in to attend 214, they're gonna say"I'm going to LA".

They aren't going to say,"I'm going to Orange County."

Fucking a. I had already decided quite a while back to not attend this event just because I knew the tickets would be so much more expensive versus the two events I'd gone to in Orlando. Then they stack the fuck out of the card and I've got other things going on that are more financially pressing.

Orange county has a population of 3.1 million, LA has a population of 3.9 million

the 3rd biggest city in the US, chicago only has 2.7 million

orange county is its own thing. please dont group us in with LA filth

Splitting hairs. I live in LA as well. If people are flying in to attend 214, they're gonna say"I'm going to LA".

people outside california say everything in california is LA.

Fuck that! I'm going and DC/Jones II needs to happen there.

Fucking a. I had already decided quite a while back to not attend this event just because I knew the tickets would be so much more expensive versus the two events I'd gone to in Orlando. Then they stack the fuck out of the card and I've got other things going on that are more financially pressing.

These tix are cheap for a PPV...$50 (plus fees) for cheapest compared to $100 or more for some Vegas cards. Or just wait until the very last days before, buy some off scalpers and hope you don't get fucked.

Welcome to the OC, bitch.

Lol...nobody says "the OC." It doesn't even make sense.

"Welcome to the Orange County, bitch."

The IE at least makes sense grammatically.

These tix are cheap for a PPV...$50 (plus fees) for cheapest compared to $100 or more for some Vegas cards. Or just wait until the very last days before, buy some off scalpers and hope you don't get fucked.

I'm super bitter. My wife bought me and my boys 213 tix. I knew 214 was the show to go to. But I just said thanks and took the 213 tix.

I'm super bitter. My wife bought me and my boys 213 tix. I knew 214 was the show to go to. But I just said thanks and took the 213 tix.

my birthday is july 30 so my friends got me tickets for my birthday

cheap fucks only got mid level seats though, so ill have to sit amongst the peasants

my birthday is july 30 so my friends got me tickets for my birthday

cheap fucks only got mid level seats though, so ill have to sit amongst the peasants
Very cool friends.

213 fell apart having lost Gabrandt/Dillashaw + Lawler/Cerrone.

It softens the blow when 214 looks so awesome right after though.

Just across the freeway from the Honda Center, the guys at Angel Stadium are trying to pass themselves off as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Can you give them a good talking to?

Unless they're flying into John Wayne Airport, maybe. Which I totally recommend by the way — FAR less hassle than LAX.

UFC 213 are the prelims to UFC 214, which are the prelims to Conor vs. Mayweather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back