Reebok deal makes no sense fighters straight robbed

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
70 million spread over 6-7 years (correct me if I’m wrong) to 520+ fighters and the UFCcut is shitty as fuck no? Unless i missed something, Reebok robbed the UFC blind. Oh and 18 million has been paid to Conor for his exclusive deal.......What a joke

The idea was good but was executed poorly..If they could have brought in multiple sponsors and not just one

the reebok deal wouldve made sense if it went as planned

there wasnt supposed to be only reebok. they were planning to find 4-5 other compelled sponsors like reebok. so they wouldve made the same amount as before and it would make more sense for the UFC, just like other sporting organizations have their org-wide sponsors and the lower level guys wouldve made more than they did on their own

but the reebok deal went so bad with reebok getting so much negative PR, that nobody signed up for it the way they wanted, and they just have a few half ass sponsors like monster

so i agree that the UFC fucked it all up and deserves to get shit on over it, but not the way everyone else is saying where they think reebok was supposed to be the end game

You forgot to put BREAKING NEWS in your title.

Reebok deal has more than 3 years remaining. In 3 years there are going to be a lot more former-ufc fighters in Bellator… Who knows what the MMA landscape will look like in a few years at this rate.....

Why the UFC chose Reebok I'll never understand, Reebok was cool in like...1995.

Why the UFC chose Reebok I'll never understand

giphy.gif

70 million spread over 6-7 years (correct me if I’m wrong) to 520+ fighters and the UFCcut is shitty as fuck no? Unless i missed something, Reebok robbed the UFC blind. Oh and 18 million has been paid to Conor for his exclusive deal.......What a joke
We only know what the UFC has told us about it. They have to be making money off it but it's the UFC's policy not to share things like that. Anybody else find it weird that Conor/Floyd financials were kept secret? I can't remember any other Mayweather fight where the details were secret.

the reebok deal wouldve made sense if it went as planned

there wasnt supposed to be only reebok. they were planning to find 4-5 other compelled sponsors like reebok. so they wouldve made the same amount as before and it would make more sense for the UFC, just like other sporting organizations have their org-wide sponsors and the lower level guys wouldve made more than they did on their own

but the reebok deal went so bad with reebok getting so much negative PR, that nobody signed up for it the way they wanted, and they just have a few half ass sponsors like monster

so i agree that the UFC fucked it all up and deserves to get shit on over it, but not the way everyone else is saying where they think reebok was supposed to be the end game
Seems like most of the fuck ups were Reeboks fault.

Condom Depot had a 15 grand sponsorship just saying.

It was was better when they wear there own gear, from their own sponsors. I still don't like this cheap looking reebok cloth.

UFC gets 15% of Reebok kit sales and fighters get 20% of THAT 15% percentage. Fighters get $3 on a $100 kit.

UFC gets 15% of Reebok kit sales and fighters get 20% of THAT 15% percentage. Fighters get $3 on a $100 kit.

They claim GSP was one of the top selling kits.......A "GSP fight kit" doesn't make sense. He has never worn a fight kit to a fight ... Heck he hasn't fought in years and years and he is your top seller behind Conor? Pathetic

If the UFC still let fighters have 2 patches on fight shorts the fighters probably wouldn't care. Heck, the UFC could have had a list of approved companies(Bud/Harley/MetroPCS/Monster/Toyo/Corn nuts) for the patches and the fighters wouldn't mind. But instead they unilaterally ended allowing short sponsors without any input from fighters. Sucks that fighters had absolutely zero say in how it went down. Sponsor patches don't distract anyone from watching and they don't de-legitimize the organization.

Condom Depot had a 15 grand sponsorship just saying.

Dynamic Fastner was 2K to 15K depending on popularity and what's on the line. IIRC Pretty sure Miesha was the one who got the 15K.

And if nobody buys a kit bc they make you look like an Uno card, fighters get nothing.

groin shots are illegal now too. fucking bullshit

Back