May13 UFC 211: tough fight against Masvidal ; Medical suspension until May 23 ; UFC 214 on July 29?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
UFC 211: 13 May 2017....... 3 tough rounds against Masvidal.

Medical suspension for Maia until May 23. (only 10 days? Very short time imo, Maia took some huge body shots)

UFC 214: July 29..... a little over two months. (means Maia had ZERO days to rest)

So, Demian Maia was forced to take the Masvidal fight and now they schedule the most important fight of his life only 2 months after a tough fight against a top 5 contender??? WTF???

Maia will have done 2 camps (one for a 5 round fight) to prepare for extremely tough opponents in a very short span of time, with absolutely ZERO time to rest, while Woodley is resting, recovering and preparing following a proper schedule.
Honestly, I don´t remember a guy getting such a short time for a camp, between his last fight and his TS, like Maia now.

Questions:

1 - Does anybody still have any doubts that the UFC is clearly screwing Maia and that forcing him to take the Masvidal fight was absolutely bullshit since they booked this title fight 2 months later????
(imo, without the Masvidal fight, Maia would´ve had the proper time to prepare for a 5 round war against Woodley.... just like Woodley stayed a long time out waiting and had the proper time to prepare for his TS... and just like he is having right now)

2 - How much do you think this whole situation can influence in the fight???

If Maia becomes champ after all this, It´s gonna be awesome!
200_s.gif

Thoughts?

Pretty sure a fighter can take a physical and be cleared in order to fight when they choose to.

Those things aren't set in stone

That Masvidal fight was pure fuckin horse shit.

I believe the UFC made that fight hoping Maia would lose. I have no proof of this. That's just what my head, and gut say.

He's " boring " to casual noobs ( Fuckin morons don't grasp the beauty of the chess game that Maia is playing ). And casual noobs seem to be the demographic that the Ultimate Fuckery Charade are specifically targeting now.

They don't give a fuck about the fans that helped the UFC to be where they are today. The longtime die-hards. The ppl that actually know, and appreciate exactly how skillful Maia is.

Maia fought May 13th. So, that is only a 10 week turnaround, to a fuckin TS. Which of course is bullshit.

So, unless I've missed something here. This was made official today. This means that Maia just found out he has one month to prepare for the most important fight of his career.

As EVERYBODY knew Maia wanted a rest. It seems like another attempt to fuck Maia over.

BRUTAL ! The UFC can suck my entire ass.

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

Maia must think hes ready. And leta be clear hes on the wrong side of father time

Even he loses he will still be active and earn some coin.

Whats good is, for the most part he hasnt taken too much damage.

I had similar thoughts. Clearly the UFC is giving him no time to prepare for Woodley. They're also placing it on a card with two other title fights so they don't have to sell the fight as its own pay per view, pretty fucked up. Hopefully Maia strangles Woodley despite all that's against him

Kinda bullshit because it's most likely Maia's last shot at a title but I'm torn because I'm going to 214.

I'm not happy about it either, but I'm supporting Maia all the same.

That Masvidal fight was pure fuckin horse shit.

I believe the UFC made that fight hoping Maia would lose. I have no proof of this. That's just what my head, and gut say.

He's " boring " to casual noobs ( Fuckin morons don't grasp the beauty of the chess game that Maia is playing ). And casual noobs seem to be the demographic that the Ultimate Fuckery Charade are specifically targeting now.

They don't give a fuck about the fans that helped the UFC to be where they are today. The longtime die-hards. The ppl that actually know, and appreciate exactly how skillful Maia is.

Maia fought May 13th. So, that is only a 10 week turnaround, to a fuckin TS. Which of course is bullshit.

So, unless I've missed something here. This was made official today. This means that Maia just found out he has one month to prepare for the most important fight of his career.

As EVERYBODY knew Maia wanted a rest. It seems like another attempt to fuck Maia over.

BRUTAL ! The UFC can suck my entire ass.

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

i thought it was the other way around, because i can see masivdal beating woodly, but they gave it to maia to where he will have no time to rest his body physically and mentally so he can lose to woodly.

Actually we did two training camps in a row, cause we did one for woodley-wonderboy in case someone got hurt. When we were about to finish it with a gym fight, we had to have the Masvidal fight booked to earn a title shot. So we cooled down for a week and started a new training camp, this time for Masvidal.
Two days or so after the Masvidal fight we got asked if we could take the Woodley fight on July 8th, and we explained we needed time to rest after two training camps and wanted time to prepare properly for such an important fight after it. It was understood, and we were asked what was the earliest we could fight.

So we explained earliest would be Late August, but September onwars would be better and more proper, as we also had a bunch of signed comitments for right after the masvidal fight, including shooting a documentary for a ufc partner and seminars.
Time went by and we got asked about August 19th, which we agreed. Show got cancelled and July 29th was the only option we were given. it was that or risk not having a TS, as GSP is waiting and we were explained the WW title fight had to hapoen on this date. so here we are.

Actually we did two training camps in a row, cause we did one for woodley-wonderboy in case someone got hurt. When we were about to finish it with a gym fight, we had to have the Masvidal fight booked to earn a title shot. So we cooled down for a week and started a new training camp, this time for Masvidal.
Two days or so after the Masvidal fight we got asked if we could take the Woodley fight on July 8th, and we explained we needed time to rest after two training camps and wanted time to prepare properly for such an important fight after it. It was understood, and we were asked what was the earliest we could fight.
Grande Eduardo Alonso, such an honor to have you here!!!

Congratulations to all you people involved in Maia´s success and for being excellent professionals.

So you believe Maia will be in optimum condition and great shape during fight night?

The quicker turnaround will benefit Maia.

Not that he was a Hendricks type that would turn into a bowl of jelly between fights anyway, but still, a quick turn around will benefit him I feel (barring injury obviously).

If he's ready to go, why waste precious time on the shelf?

So we explained earliest would be Late August, but September onwars would be better and more proper, as we also had a bunch of signed comitments for right after the masvidal fight, including shooting a documentary for a ufc partner and seminars.
Time went by and we got asked about August 19th, which we agreed. Show got cancelled and July 29th was the only option we were given. it was that or risk not having a TS, as GSP is waiting and we were explained the WW title fight had to hapoen on this date. so here we are.

It's very unfortunate for Maia, but hopefully he can make the best out of this!

The quicker turnaround will benefit Maia.

Not that he was a Hendricks type that would turn into a bowl of jelly between fights anyway, but still, a quick turn around will benefit him I feel (barring injury obviously).

If he's ready to go, why waste precious time on the shelf?

Read what Maia's manager said. I quoted it.

Same garbage they pushed on GSP.

When will you be ready?--UFC
Late August/ Early Sept.--Maia
OK.---UFC
How about July 29th?--UFC

It's like they wanted you guys to NOT take the fight so they'd have an excuse for not giving Demian a title shot. Shifty.

Last edited:
Grande Eduardo Alonso, such an honor to have you here!!!

Congratulations to all you people involved in Maia´s success and for being excellent professionals.

So you believe Maia will be in optimum condition and great shape during fight night?

Obrigado amigo. Thanks my friend.

I would obviously have liked to have time to run a full camp, and told them that. In 27 UFC fights (had to pull out once against Pyle due to illness), this will be Demian's shortest time to prepare ever.
Like I said, life is not always how we want and circumstances change for reasons we can't control. With that said, we will do the best with the four weeks of training camp we have. We will see what happens.
The positive is that, in a shorter camp you have more focus and trim the excess. Easier to remain motivated and focused. Thats the only positive I can think of in comparison with a full camp. Lol

I would obviously have liked to have time to run a full camp, and told them that. In 27 UFC fights (had to pull out once against Pyle due to illness), this will be Demian's shortest time to prepare ever.
Like I said, life is not always how we want and circumstances change for reasons we can't control. With that said, we will do the best with the four weeks of training camp we have. We will see what happens.
The positive is that, in a shorter camp you have more focus and trim the excess. Easier to remain motivated and focused. Thats the only positive I can think of in comparison with a full camp. Lol

You're not giving me much hope here Eduardo xD. Damn. I'm not happy with this situation at all.

Yeah, I imagined that. I honestly don´t remember a fighter having such a short time to prepare for a camp for a title fight. I was concerned with Maia having very little time to recover and prepare for the TS properly.

Well, I just want to tell you that a lot of people here are rooting for him and consider him a true martial artist and a real gentleman and if anybody deserves to be champion, it´s Maia. Congratulations to all you guys...

And NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW

Last edited:
I'm with you here.. this is bs but if Maia still manages to pull off a title win it will be awesome and deserved.

Back