Corriea: UFC female fighters hate me because I draw more than all of them combined.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Correia, who was issued a 180-day suspension pending a dental clearance told MMA Fighting that she avoided any serious damage.

“I left (the Octagon) and my mouth was bleeding a little, and I had the feeling of having my teeth loose,” Correia said. “They asked me to have my dentist evaluating it, but it’s all good. I won’t stay away from fighting for six months [laughs]. Haters will watch Bethe back in the Octagon and winning again. Sometimes a defeat makes me hungrier, more anxious to come back and silence the haters.

"I also believe UFC female fighters hate me the most [laughs]. They hate me, they want to fight me. They hate me because win, lose or draw, I promote more and draw more audience than all of them combined."

According to Correia, a dentist already checked her mouth and will provide a report to send the UFC, so she expects to be back in action later this year.

Correia is healthy, but still unhappy with the defeat. In the second-biggest fight of her career, the Brazilian believes she was doing fine against the former champion, but made a mistake right after taunting Holm.

“I was doing what I wanted to do, finding the right distance against Holly, who moves well in the Octagon, and getting loose in order to go for the submission or the knockout,” Correia said. “I think I was getting loose, getting confident, and then the kick landed. Maybe because I got distracted, but it happened.

“I don’t think it was because of the taunting,” she continued. “I’ve done that before. I think I didn’t pay attention to the right distance to avoid her attacks. The kick happened after I stopped taunted, my hands were high. People think I lost because of (the taunting), but it wasn’t. I think that if I hadn’t stopped paying attention to the distance, maybe it wouldn’t have landed. I stopped in a distance that was unsafe for me and benefited her."

Immediately after Correia went down, she raised her arm in a way that some people interpreted as she was giving up, but she says it was not the case.

“I think I was trying to get back up,” she said with a laugh. “I wasn’t asking to stop (the fight). I even think the referee stopped it a little early, but I was dizzy. As a fighter, I wish I had tried, but I was unconscious. The referee was trying to protect me. I’d rather go until death, I never want to give up."

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...nds-to-criticism-over-taunting-ufc-holly-holm

87LKd_s-200x150.gif

*on a side note, can we change hollys nickname to something dentist related?

First ronda cant eat an apple. Now bethe had to get a complete checkup...

LMAO, I like her spirit. Please keep her around for the 125 division, Dana.

Bethe is always ready:

tumblr_nijpoisSvF1tb8iyko1_500.gif

She's like the Arem Lobov of WMMA.

Lol taunting was exactly why she got ktfo the only thing keeping her alive in that fight was that she was afraid to throw anything and get countered lol

Thats actually an amazing interview from her about the fight. Surprised people are shitting on her, way more respectful then i was expecting to be honest

The last grasp of a prize fighter hanging onto something

Last edited:
The female fighters fear Bethe's worllass athleticism:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

They can't handle her 12" reach disadvantage.

Holm was channeling her inner JDS with that last punch. Stopped early my ass.

Back