Renan Barao vs. Aljamain Sterling Moved From BW To 140 Catchweight

On that Hendricks diet.

johny-hendricks-looking-fat-with-sandwich.jpg

Damn, WTF.

Can't a more humble team like Nova Uniao just send some 'spy' to see like top camps are cutting tons of weight? It's not like this is some top secret, 'classified' info.

Barao looked tiny at FW, and he shouldn't have that much trouble making BW?

Damn, WTF.

Can't a more humble team like Nova Uniao just send some 'spy' to see like top camps are cutting tons of weight? It's not like this is some top secret, 'classified' info.

Barao looked tiny at FW, and he shouldn't have that much trouble making BW?

Dede said Barao doesn't train at Nova Uniao anymore. He trains at Power MMA in Arizona now, I believe.

Barao almost killed himself trying to make 135 and now he wants to try again?

At least they figured this out a month in advance.

But watch him miss 140.

I prefer these types of decisions being made prior to weigh-ins.
gives opponent the chance to adjust to new weight limit, instead of wasting time cutting to a weight the other guy has no chance of making.

At least they figured this out a month in advance.

But watch him miss 140.
He'll probably be like "oh 140lbs, nice, then i can walk around a bit bigger" and he'll miss it, that's how it goes.

Dede said Barao doesn't train at Nova Uniao anymore. He trains at Power MMA in Arizona now, I believe.

So guys like Ryan Bader and Aaron Simpson have no tips on cutting weight?

Wah ahppen to you UFC fighters?

Nobody can make weight anymore in this shit

How the hell this was never a problem until recently?

Wah ahppen to you UFC fighters?

Nobody can make weight anymore in this shit

How the hell this was never a problem until recently?

Diuretics before USADA came along?

135 almost killed him last time he was there. Pathetic he'd risk his life to go back, as if we needed more confirmation that the cut causes him so much harm.

It's guys like Renan that make extreme weight cutting stand out. In his mind, he's too small for 145, but he can't make 135.

At this point in his career, he either has the skills for success or he doesn't. Fooling himself that he has some kind of advantage by cutting as much weight as possible leads to nowhere.

If all fighters are cutting 15+ pounds, there is no size advantage. Just fight guys in the weightclass you belong in. And if he can't make it to 135, then he belongs in 145.

Last edited:
Don't even know why he is trying in the first place

Back