Random moment that irks me after randomly thinking about it again.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
How much praise and adulation Dominick Cruz got for his post fight press conference interview after losing to Cody, and how journalists said, it was awe inspiring, and amazing that he could be so positive after losing the belt. Especially Ariel Helwani making it seem like Dominick Cruz gave the most humble and classy speech of all time or something.

I didn't get that vibe, at all. He came off very condescending and passive aggressive throughout the whole interview, and had an attitude as if people were badgering and harassing him, it seemed. It was like a preemptive and go on the attack before they can attack you type attitude.

Am I the only one that felt that? I honestly didn't get this, wow, he's so classy and humble in defeat! vibe. And it wasn't as motivating as Ariel made it out to be. He literally made it seem like Dominick gave the GOAT speech after losing.

What say you, Sherdog?

I agree completely sherbro. Cruz came off like a condescending prick after Neck Tat physically and mentally abused him for 25 straight minutes.

Ya he comes off as trying hard to be humble and respectful.

lol the only reason Cruz got so much praise for that was because Honda didn't show.

"cHeCk ThiS Out GuisE tHIs Is HoW a ReaL fIgHTer Is SuPPosEd To HandLe HimseLf"

Cruz gets under my skin for some reason. When he was on the JRE he was a complete contrarian and argumentative.

Ya he comes off as trying hard to be humble and respectful.

And it didn't even come off as, wow, this is incredibly inspirational, and he has a heart of gold! He seriously looked like a kid having an attitude, and being defensive about the situation. None of the reporters were even being remotely hard on him, at all, and he just had this attitude like they were attacking him.

I remember watching it like, damn, are you mad or something?

How much praise and adulation Dominick Cruz got for his post fight press conference interview after losing to Cody, and how journalists said, it was awe inspiring, and amazing that he could be so positive after losing the belt. Especially Ariel Helwani making it seem like Dominick Cruz gave the most humble and classy speech of all time or something.

I didn't get that vibe, at all. He came off very condescending and passive aggressive throughout the whole interview, and had an attitude as if people were badgering and harassing him, it seemed. It was like a preemptive and go on the attack before they can attack you type attitude.

Am I the only one that felt that? I honestly didn't get this, wow, he's so classy and humble in defeat! vibe. And it wasn't as motivating as Ariel made it out to be. He literally made it seem like Dominick gave the GOAT speech after losing.

What say you, Sherdog?

I think that losing your title and getting beat by someone you completely underestimated can be an extremely difficult thing to keep your composure for post fight. I thought he handled himself great and said the right things but you can tell his ego was bursting out behind all of the respectable answers he was giving. Dom has history of being a cocky douche bag like a lot of fighters.

That being said i still love the guy and respect the shit out of him. He's gonna realize his time is up real soon and he's 100% the best color guy in the world so i'm looking forward to his post fight career. He makes the fights so much easier for casual fans to catch up and understand the details of what is going on in there when he gets real technical but is also a breathe of fresh air to all of us who understand the layers of fighting.

Last edited:
lol the only reason Cruz got so much praise for that was because Honda didn't show.

"cHeCk ThiS Out GuisE tHIs Is HoW a ReaL fIgHTer Is SuPPosEd To HandLe HimseLf"

Literally this. That was Ariel's main talking point about the interview. OK, wow, he showed up to the press conference, and gave the most passive aggressive speech, and almost tantrum like speech ever, and I'm supposed to praise him for that, like it was one of the UFC's most memorable moments ever?

I think that losing your title and getting beat by someone you complete underestimated can be an extremely difficult thing to keep your composure for post fight. I thought he handled himself great and said the right things but you can tell his ego was bursting out behind all of the respectable answers he was giving. Dom has history of being a cocky douche bag like a lot of fighters.

That being said i still love the guy and respect the shit out of him. He's gonna realize his time is up real soon and he's 100% the best color guy in the world so i'm looking forward to his post fight career. He makes the fights so much easier for casual fans to catch up and understand the details of what is going on in there when he gets real technical.

Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Don't get me wrong, he didn't say anything disrespectful, or mean spirited, but he looked like a guy saying the right things behind gritted teeth, and serious anger.

I can't remember anything he said. What is it that he said that you didnt like?

You're right TS, he did come off as a condescending prick. I don't get the praise either.

I can't remember anything he said. What is it that he said that you didnt like?

It's not what he said, it's the way he was saying things. He answered the questions like the reporters were being condescending and snarky towards him. He just had this attitude and passive aggressiveness to his tone, and the way he was speaking.

I don't know...

But, he's become a better announcer because of losing. The guy had a massive ego, and was completely unprofessional as an announcer, while he had the belt ( His latest championship reign. Not the previous one ).

I definitely haven't seen, or read everything since he lost. But, the ego has seemed to have abated, and not returned that I've noticed.

But, I really disliked him as a champion.

I don't know...

But, he's become a better announcer because of losing. The guy had a massive ego, and was completely unprofessional as an announcer, while he had the belt ( His latest championship reign. Not the previous one ).

I definitely haven't seen, or read everything since he lost. But, the ego has seemed to have abated, and not returned that I've noticed.

But, I really disliked him as a champion.

I've never really liked hte guy's attitude, or personality. He comes off so damn condescending and snarky for my taste. I'm all for a confident champ, and someone that believes in themselves, but the way he talks, and his idiosyncrasies just irk the hell out of me. He just rubs me the wrong way.

That being said, respect the hell out of him as a fighter, and love watching him fight.

Cody lost 2 of the 5 rounds...

Oh shut the fuck up. I am struggling to think of a fight in recent memory without a finish where the Champ got as wrecked as he did.
Cody taunted him throughout, out evaded Dom (his trademark) and knocked him down multiple times.

Something about Cruz reminds me of a less brash Frank Shamrock.

I'm a big fan of Cruz, both his fighting style and the way he breaks things down and explains them. I've never thought of him as humble though. Missed the presser as it was early evening NYE. Saw the highlights of it later but really all I was thinking was 'fuck, I wasn't expecting that.' Don't think a fighter's stock has risen so much in my eyes in one night before. That was awesome work by Cody. He's still a twat though.

Back