Will Rashad ever return to form?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Big Rashad fan does anyone else think he will ever win again, i'm not optimisitc

Last edited:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/conor-mcgregor-vs-mayweather-discussion.73/

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is the conor forum. The other forum is the Mac/May forum. First he takes two belts. Now he takes two forums

Rashad has been done for a long time.. I thought maybe the drop to MW would help him, but it didn't. He just doesn't have that fire.

Hes been done for years. After the machida fight he lost his stand-up and after the jon jones he lost his will to fight.

Rashad doesn't have the mentality anymore. He was already a "shy" fighter in his prime. Now, his brain is even more timid, he doesn't pull the trigger unless it is 100% safe.

FIghters have to take risk. You can't always be thinking "If I throw this, then he will counter me with that, so I better just stare some more, until it is completely safe to strike."

I think that is what is going through Rashad and BJ's heads these days. Too much risk and benefit assessments. Not enough "Man, this guys is soft. Let me fuck him up real quick."

You need a good balance to be a good fighter.

Sat out for a year at the age of 35, then 1 fight per year in the next 3 years.

Age and inactivity don't go well together.

The hand speed and athleticism isn't there anymore. He got beat by judo dad it's a wrap

He was never elite/ that good. Took the title from one of the weakest Ufc champs ever in Forrest griffin, got immediately wasted by machida, then stunk up every single fight after by being the common denominator of boring in a series of boring fights against opponents who are typically exciting as long as they're facing someone not named rashad Evans. He has no avenged losses. Wanted no part of shogun. He was a one-hit wonder; A ko win over lidell helped carry him way farther than he deserved to be carried. But who doesn't have a ko win over lidell.

I think he's completely done. The Daniel Kelly fight was the nail in the coffin unfortunately.

I think he sticks around to get paid and could join the veterans league in Bellator. Lots of fights left for Evans but I'm not sure how many he wins.

Nah.

He's in his late thirties, the best part of his career is done. He had a good run though.

Love the Shad. He could easily get a good job as a commentator or something like that.

LOL way to completely change the title of the thread and the OP after the first two posts.

Back