Can anthony pettis get back to where he once was or....

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
is the top 10 in the LW division to much for him:

Mcgregor
ferguson
khabib
nate
lee
gathjie
johnson
porier
barboza
Alvarez

Thats not in ranking order but that is the top 10. I can't see him beating many of those guys. Anyone with a good wrestling game beats him. He can't make 145 so has to stay here. He's in a tough spot.

Not while USADA is here

Maybe in Japan

I've always said that Anthony Pettis is GOAT material and I'm not ready to write that off just yet! I honestly believe he has been dealing with something personal that has steered him off course. Perhaps the WheatieBox type fame drew in more than he was ready for.

Nope! RDA took his soul. Too scared to get hit.

I'm not even a Pettis fan but I think he beats Miller then breaks top 10 by beating winner of Gaethje vs Johnson. He can break top 10 but I don't think he ever becomes champ or challenges again.

I'm not even a Pettis fan but I think he beats Miller then breaks top 10 by beating winner of Gaethje vs Johnson. He can break top 10 but I don't think he ever becomes champ or challenges again.
either gaethje or mj would smash him 100%

No, both him and Weidman will never beat elite fighters.

Well it's a bit confusing. Because think of it like this- when he dropped three in a row at lightweight, he lost to RDA- beast and former champ, he lost to Barboza- beast and potential future contender, and Alvarez, a seasoned veteran who has fought at a high level for a long time and took the belt from RDA in violent fashion.

When he dropped to FW, he stopped Oliveira who is, undeniably, damn good and he got stomped by Holloway who is on the run of a lifetime beating everybody in his path- Cub, Lamas, Stephens, Pettis, Aldo, etc.

It's tough to gauge where he currently stands because his losses have been to very tough guys. The Jim Miller fight should be more revealing, as Jim is a tough dude, but more of an upper mid-tier type.

I don't think he'd fight Gaethje, they are both Roufus-sport. Unless it's for the title.
if pettis beats miller, why not have him fight Chiesa

He has giant glaring holes in hus boxing and wall wrestling abilities that he needs to fix in order to get anywhere and that ain't happening at Dufusport

Well it's a bit confusing. Because think of it like this- when he dropped three in a row at lightweight, he lost to RDA- beast and former champ, he lost to Barboza- beast and potential future contender, and Alvarez, a seasoned veteran who has fought at a high level for a long time and took the belt from RDA in violent fashion.

When he dropped to FW, he stopped Oliveira who is, undeniably, damn good and he got stomped by Holloway who is on the run of a lifetime beating everybody in his path- Cub, Lamas, Stephens, Pettis, Aldo, etc.

It's tough to gauge where he currently stands because his losses have been to very tough guys. The Jim Miller fight should be more revealing, as Jim is a tough dude, but more of an upper mid-tier type.
Good post. He has been through a murders row. And the only fight I want for him right now is Aldo at 155.

I dunno. His style relies on speed which gets lost with age.

Karma for sitting on the shelf so frequently when he had the belt.

It's difficult to know how good someone is when they fight so infrequently. He had Benson's number, and I think that's about it. Once he started fighting more regularly, he fell down the rankings.

In hindsight, losing to Holloway is not such a big deal, I guess....

His ground game still looked good against Oliveira.

That being said, I would bet on him beating only Diaz and Porier out of those guys, maybe Gaethje.

I seriously doubt it but the difference between some of these once great fighters pre and post USADA cant be ignored, coincidence..... Hmmm!

He thinks he is a great striker, but the truth is he lacks fundamentals such as footwork and boxing. The guy still walks straight back for some reason.

Also, terrible hands. Terrible. Even his kicks... he doesn't set it up well

No, but maybe if he actually learned how to box, he'd do better.

Back