How much did Jon Jones and Yoel Romero's training help Holly Holm

DragonRising

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Holm doesnt seem strong on the ground at all considering she train at jacksonwink.
holly_holm_lifts_jon_jones.png

Im sure they both help train Holly Holm together, i bet theres alot of wrestling involve since jones and romero are high level wreslers, heres them after getting wet in the pool.
109435.jpg

They also release a video together, dancin
1280x720-iAz.jpg

Seems like a friendly bunch
I wonder though, jones a known snower, did those three snow like the eskimo, bro.

Heres them together at the gym again
hi-res-ec96e1b14da15534c5510d1e95436a00_crop_exact.jpg

tumblr_nxismrsiG41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Anyways, Tate was able to hold holm down on the ground. Why is her ground game so weak after having consistent high level wrestler training her year after year??

Because Tate had consistent high level training for longer?

Because grappling comes easier to Tate?

Because Tate was better on the night?

Because Holm spent all her time having intercourse with Yoel and Jones?

Which one do you want?

Because Tate had consistent high level training for longer?
Tate trains with 145 lb brian caraway
Holm trains with 6'5 205 lbs jon Jones
Big size difference, big skill difference.

Ronda couldnt get holm down yet ronda throws around tate, tate is weak, yet tate got two td and choke out holm

I guess Holly dont train chokes that much

Why Jake Shields can't throw a decent punch after all those years of training with Diaz bros and Melendez?

Why can't Condit stop a TD?

Why can't Conor go hard for longer than 8 minutes after all those 300k camps?

Some people are good at different things, at the end of the day.

Holm was winning pretty easily. I think Tate surprised her more than anything. She stuffed all but 2 takedown attempts and was easily outstriking Tate. It seemed like Holm may have fallen asleep a little bit because she was winning so easily. The desperation td at the end kinda came out of nowhere and Tate didn't let the opportunity slip. That's how I remember it anyway.

Tate trains with 145 lb brian caraway
Holm trains with 6'5 205 lbs jon Jones
Big size difference, big skill difference.

Ronda couldnt get holm down yet ronda throws around tate, tate is weak, yet tate got two td and choke out holm

I guess Holly dont train chokes that much

Ronda is judoka, Tate is a wrestler. Different styles.

Tate wrestled since HS, Holly didn't really start wrestling until her late 20s/30s.

It's unlikely that Jones and Holm actually wrestle eachother as Jones has 50 lbs on her. Training excersises yes, but probably not sparing.

Tate doesn't just train with Carraway.

I haven't researched the fight but I don't remember Tate dominating Holm.

Condit trains with Jones, he isn't exactly known for defending take downs.

I don't know what answer you're looking for...

Why Jake Shields can't throw a decent punch after all those years of training with Diaz bros and Melendez?

Why can't Condit stop a TD?

Why can't Conor go hard for longer than 8 minutes after all those 300k camps?

Some people are good at different things, at the end of the day.

Diaz bros and jake have good jits, their team is under cesar gracie, shields actually outstrike somebody before, i think he fucked gsp's face up with that flailing shit

Condit have poor td defense but good grappling and defensive grappling from training at jacksonwink. Many fighter round out their skills there.

Conor did 5 rounds back and forth with diaz and won 3 rounds on the rematch at 1.5 mil buy, that 300k was well worth it long term and it got him that slight edge needed.

Holm got the best partner possible and still does ish ish hiyah kiyah, repeatitive footowork, easy to read.

Ronda is judoka, Tate is a wrestler. Different styles.

Tate wrestled since HS, Holly didn't really start wrestling until her late 20s/30s.

It's unlikely that Jones and Holm actually wrestle eachother as Jones has 50 lbs on her. Training excersises yes, but probably not sparing.

Tate doesn't just train with Carraway.

I haven't researched the fight but I don't remember Tate dominating Holm.

Condit trains with Jones, he isn't exactly known for defending take downs.

I don't know what answer you're looking for...
Oh they sparr and jones got like 12 inch reach advantage on her
Jon-jones-Holly-Holm.jpg

Condit for the most part can defend himself on the ground.

As soon as it hits the ground, tate started fucking holm up, Tate dont fuck people up on the ground, shes a weak wrestler with alot of determination but not a brutalizing top game, shes like a slow grinder, holm she didnt even get up after a full round. Thats bad. After getting up, holm was knee weak, slow and sluggish, i didnt expect tate to do that to holm.

Condit for the most part can defend himself on the ground.

As soon as it hits the ground, tate started fucking holm up, Tate dont fuck people up on the ground, shes a weak wrestler with alot of determination but not a brutalizing top game, shes like a slow grinder, holm she didnt even get up after a full round. Thats bad. After getting up, holm was knee weak, slow and sluggish, i didnt expect tate to do that to holm.

Okay.

So Tate is better on the ground than Holm. That's what happened. Holm's ground game has improved but Tate's is better. Maybe Holm could win a rematch but I'd favour Tate in a straight grappling competition.

I hope you wanted a real answer and weren't hopping for the blacked.com answers, because we already did that.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/holly-holm-enjoys-her-time-in-training.3364313/

Back