why don't we just eliminate tapping then and leave it to referee discretion

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:

I haven't seen anyone who thought it was cool, most agree it was premature BUT his opponent was definitely done and gone anyway.

Those ppl are idiots. It was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen. But, this is Sherdog.

There's nothing left to say.

It was a shit stoppage.

It didn't change the outcome of the fight.

Chiesa stopped defending the choke and was willing to go out.

Stop being an idiot.

may because tapping means nothing... its just a mere signal for the referee to stop the fight, a fighters should let go when the ref tells him to let go, not when his opponent taps.

It was a shit stoppage.

It didn't change the outcome of the fight.

Chiesa stopped defending the choke and was willing to go out.

Stop being an idiot.
So what you're saying is reaffirming what OP posted.

if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:
Stop changing the narrative. Nobody says it was cool. What most people are saying is that it shouldn't have been stopped, but he was not getting out of that choke, he stopped defending, and went limp. Unconsciousness was an eventuality.

TS must want (even more) post fight complaining

When you stop defending a locked in sub, the ref has the ability to call it.

Lee had him out cold in 1-2 more seconds.

...And Mixed Sarcastic Arts was born

I haven't seen anyone who thought it was cool, most agree it was premature BUT his opponent was definitely done and gone anyway.
definitely done hey?
hmmm.... can I borrow your crystal ball when your done with it

Stop changing the narrative. Nobody says it was cool. What most people are saying is that it shouldn't have been stopped, but he was not getting out of that choke, he stopped defending, and went limp. Unconsciousness was an eventuality.
lots of people on here said it was.

If you think ref decisions are controversial now, just wait until that policy gets implemented.

So what you're saying is reaffirming what OP posted.

I normally leave space between my sentences on sherdog because I know a lot of people here have terrible reading comprehension.

But, seriously, what part of "It was a shit stoppage" are you having trouble with?

Is it the part where it doesn't, even in the slightest sense, mean that I think that the stoppage was cool?

Chiesa was using his chi to defend the choke, you could easily see he was setting up his vibrating palm technique and thats why he had both his hands by the sides of his 3rd eye as opposed to using his hands to fight the choke. 1-2 more seconds and Kevin Lee's heart would have exploded. I know this, Chiesa knows this, and Mario Kawasaki Ninja knows this.

Back