Can current day BJ Penn beat (1) Mighty Mouse, (2) Phil Baroni or (3) GDR?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
In 2017, BJ cannot beat anybody at FW and above. So we need to look for those who are smaller, retired, and female as a potentially beatable yet game opponent.

DJ

I'm no fan of the manlets but I never disputed that DJ is highly talented everywhere.

DJ would beat that ass hands down.

NYBA

Baroni is roughly the same age and has roughly the same record as BJ (Too bad he did not have the same PR machine behind him. If so, many would consider him an all time great). The cardio on both suck. But always the hustler, Baroni would be very motivated.

Baroni because of more motivation.

GDR

GDR has already beaten a dude hence why I chose her a part of this hypothetical.

She has the reach and height advantage. This one is a tossup.

Baroni only has a gas tank for half a round. BJ is at least a one round fighter. GDR would squash him and MM out point him.

Chris Avila vs BJ is the fight I want to see

GDR and Baroni are manageable for BJ. MM on the other hand is not. MM doesn't have the power to put him away, but he could easily take a unanimous decision or sub him at this point in BJ's career.

Why did you make this thread? You can't possibly want peoples opinions on this

I bet GDR would accept fighting BJ instead of Cyborg

Current day BJ Penn can't beat anyone! It's time to stop glorifying this dude. He's done, and has no business fighting in the UFC "current day".

Honestly, if he went up to LW and trained harder, he could do alright.

He's too drained at FW, and his cardio is absolute shit.

DJ would obliterate BJ. He would beat GDR and probably Baroni.

Honestly, if he went up to LW and trained harder, he could do alright.

He's too drained at FW, and his cardio is absolute shit.
This could actually be a good point, late 30's are not a time to be trying out harder weight cuts...

If BJ fought CM Punk at WW he would absolutely destroy him. He shouldn't have been fighting at FW, and you shouldn't take his performances at FW as an indication of his true potential right now.

Why did you make this thread? You can't possibly want peoples opinions on this

Same thing I was asking myself the idiocy of some threads is head shaking....

Back