Do you think someone like Stone cold , HHH, or the rock would have done well in ufc?

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Honest question.

Presumably they would be heavyweights. In my opinion , the overall technical skill and thus entry barriers at HW is easier than in lighter divisions. I mean look at someone like Black Beast. He's basically just a fat hard hitting bar brawler.

I think of those three HHH might do the best. The guy seems pretty athletic for his size and not as stiff as Austin.

However all 3 would get 50-45'd by USADA, but it's still fun to imagine big athletic dudes (a rarity) and how they would do in MMA.

Probably not.

Angle might have been. He actually has a wrestling background.

ea5c1acc16b32cf87efe453987c059d3d38aee1d_hq.gif

Only Bret the Hitman Hart, since he's the best there is, the best there ever was, and the best... there ever will be.

Ok,

Put that "its still real for me GODAMNit!!"gif here.

All 3 have defeated former UFC Heavyweight Champ Brock.

aA4iGG.gif

oFfNeB.gif

ZtZBog.gif

The Rock is half black half Samoan, ultimate genetics.

Yeah. Wrestling is the best base for MMA and they are 3 of the greatest wrestlers in history.

Honest question.

Presumably they would be heavyweights. In my opinion , the overall technical skill and thus entry barriers at HW is easier than in lighter divisions. I mean look at someone like Black Beast. He's basically just a fat hard hitting bar brawler.

I think of those three HHH might do the best. The guy seems pretty athletic for his size and not as stiff as Austin.

However all 3 would get 50-45'd by USADA, but it's still fun to imagine big athletic dudes (a rarity) and how they would do in MMA.
from everything i can tell, there is no telling who is going to enjoy taking a punch and keep on coming, and who won't.

so do these guys have the athleticism & work ethic? yes. but we'll never know about that most important 3rd leg of the stool.

I think simple answer is yes. All wrestlers mentioned are strong, athletic, tough. They would've stood half a chance with sufficient training I'm sure.

Probably not.

Angle might have been. He actually has a wrestling background.

Pretty sure all those guys would have a wrestling background. Just because the WWF milked Angle's olympic pedigree I don't think that would've put him above the other names mentioned with training.

Ref should've stopped that for sure.

Yeah. Wrestling is the best base for MMA and they are 3 of the greatest wrestlers in history.

Well actually nowadays showmanship is the best base for MMA. So yeah I guess they would still be pretty suited.

Back before MMA was a sport Stone Cold was stomping mudholes in the WWF which was the big fighting show at the time. No doubt in my mind if UFC/MMA existed back then that Stone Cold would have destroyed someone like Tito Ortiz or Mike Tyson.

When Dana created MMA Stone Cold was already too old imo.

HHH on the other hand was still in his prime but he was never good he just used to cheat and use weapons and help from his friends. Referees back in the WWF weren't nearly as great as the refs of today like Mario Yamasaki who would have DQ'd HHH before he could even use the sledgehammer.

Back