Woodley vs Maia or Lima vs MacDonald?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which upcoming WW title fight are you guys more interested in?

Douglas Lima vs Rory MacDonald is a far more intriguing match up to me. Both are extremely well rounded and both can fight for all 5 rounds at a good pace. If Rory has trouble getting/keeping Lima down, it could be a stand up war ala Rory vs Lawler 2.

Woodley seems to coast a lot during his fights in order to preserve his limited gas tank. Damien Maia is very one dimensional and has shown to be gassy in fights himself.

Let's not forget that Rory already has wins over Woodley and Maia. I would favor him over both of them again.

Lima just beat Larkin decisively, who was coming off wins over Magny and Masvidal.

Thoughts?

Lima v Rory looks great.

but not because "not forget that Rory already has wins over Woodley and Maia". just like how Rory's loss against Wonderboy has no bearing on either of their next fights for me.

but shit, while we're at it, the non-belt fight between Lawler v Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

In terms of excitement, Lima vs. MacDonald has more potential than Woodley vs. Maia.

Always excited for Rory fights. He is the best WW on earth and only lost to Robbie because the latter was on steroids and EPO

I love Maia. He seems like a great guy, McDonald/Lima all day as far as entertainment value.

I also agree with the other posters that Rory is probably best WW in the world currently.

image92.jpg

WAR RORY

Rory made Tyrone look like an amateur, and also beat up Maia. Although Maia put up a bit more of a fight than the current champ.

Lima v Rory looks great.

but not because "not forget that Rory already has wins over Woodley and Maia". just like how Rory's loss against Wonderboy has no bearing on either of their next fights for me.

but shit, while we're at it, the non-belt fight between Lawler v Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

I'm going to be backpacking the weekend after the 4th, so when we return Sunday we'll have both events to binge out on. Going to be quite a spectacle of honor to JBG.

Rory/Lima by a long shot.

While I appreciate the skill of Maia and Woodley, I really can't see how that fight can compare to the former in terms of excitement. Plus, as many others have stated, I think Rory is the best WW in the world.

Lima dropped Larkin and Daley coming in with an uppercut......I'm not sleeping on that guy anymore

Lima dropped Larkin and Daley coming in with an uppercut......I'm not sleeping on that guy anymore
Well you really shouldn't sleep on anyone ... would have to be bad for your back not to mention terribly uncomfortable.

I think it's pretty much a consensus Lima/Rory is the better fight.

Honestly, I think on paper it's the best fight ever in a Bellator event. The two highest globally ranked fighters Bellator has.

Back