Chiesa went out and got saved by the ref. Zero controversy there

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't get it. Chiesa went out unconscious for a second and then woke up when the choke was released. Where is the controversy here???
"But, but, but, he didn't tap..." Hey dumb ass, of course he didn't tap, he was fucking out with his arms limp. You can't tap out while you are in Dreamland.

He should thank Yamasaki, instead of bash him, because if it was a street fight with no ref involved, Chiesa would have died.

I don't get it. Chiesa went out unconscious for a second and then woke up when the choke was released. Where is the controversy here???
"But, but, but, he didn't tap..." Hey dumb ass, of course he didn't tap, he was fucking out with his arms limp. You can't tap out while you are in Dreamland.

He should thank Yamasaki, instead of bash him, because if it was a street fight with no ref involved, Chiesa would have died.
You could see his hand going limp than he wakes up after the stoppage.

Yeah I agree, he'll obviously see that over time in hindsight. These guys are just warriors, hate to be told they can't continue when they never felt they gave up. Got to commend their heart, but yes right decision and he is experienced enough to come to terms with that I'm sure.

No tap. No nap. No stoppage.

It's really that simple.

If Chiesa went out and regained consciousness that quickly, he's a goddamn cyborg.

probably. but the ref could have checked his arm first.

i agree with this guy below. it wasn't a perfect stoppage (he didn't check the arm or even a verbal), but it wasn't a bad stoppage either, and certainly not deserving of all the drama in the last 40 hours.

He was going limp, stopped defending the choke, any controversy is ridiculous, if anything, ref saved him a few brain cells, and he needs them all that is left it seems.

AGREE.....he went limp for a second....His arm LOOKED like it was moving to Tap but He Went Limp instead. Argued all morning with a friend about this. HE said Yes But TOO EARLY.. NOT IF HE IS OUT...imo. Kudos to Yamasaki! fuk his haters on this as he did a Good job.

No tap. No nap. No stoppage.

It's really that simple.

If Chiesa went out and regained consciousness that quickly, he's a goddamn cyborg.
So if you go unconscious and dont tap you should just let the fighter get strangled till he dies ?

AGREE.....he went limp for a second....His arm LOOKED like it was moving to Tap but He Went Limp instead. Argued all morning with a friend about this. HE said Yes But TOO EARLY.. NOT IF HE IS OUT...imo. Kudos to Yamasaki! fuk his haters on this as he did a Good job.

Yeah, I think Mario actually just pulled off one of the most pro stoppages by stopping it the very second Chiesa was starting to blackout.

And then I see Dana going full retard on Yamasaki... I think Dana's Twitter post created more drama than the actual stoppage, because tards would always prefer to listen to uncle Baldfuck than to do their own judgement.

So if you go unconscious and dont tap you should just let the fighter get strangled till he dies ?

No, you stop the fight when you see him go unconscious. I agree that he was done but he should've been given a few more seconds just so I wouldnt have to see hundreds of threads on sherdog about this.

Chiesa needs to just own up that you miss step, got your back taken and got choked.

Ref save his ass, he lost.

I would like to see yumasaki let a guy get choked to death as a payback for all the shit he is getting now.

No, you stop the fight when you see him go unconscious. I agree that he was done but he should've been given a few more seconds just so I wouldnt have to see hundreds of threads on sherdog about this.
You really are dense.

He was unconcious.

Yeah, I think Mario actually just pulled off one of the most pro stoppages by stopping it the very second Chiesa was starting to blackout.
Might just be the greatest ref call of all time
tenor.gif

So Mario saw Chiesa go unconscious and stopped the fight.

What's the problem?

LOL at the clowns who have now convinced themselves that Chiesa actually went "out." So many stupid sherdoggers!

Back