John Kavanagh describes how he first met 20 year old prospect James Gallagher

J

JollyRants

Time stamped
jamesgallagherweighin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If only Aaron Pico had met Kavanagh when he was younger.

I didnt even bother to watch the video . Not into " Bought him a beer in a dark bar then cuddled under the rainbow blanket " story .

Kavanagh likes talking and getting attention

Same here but Gallagher is a interesting prospect.

It's been entirely lost in the (somewhat too literal) shit show that was this past weekend... but Gallagher was pretty impressive Saturday night.

Same here but Gallagher is a interesting prospect.

At 145 I think there better prospects. Kids got hype because of Conor, being Irish, talking shit but we'll see how long he can back this up. He hasn't really had any real tests yet. McKee would have whooped him.

From Gallagher I see he's a slow and slappy striker. He's not tremendously strong and he shoots from way too far out in every fight, it's just he hasn't fought anyone that can defend a takedown yet. Theres talks he's going down to 135, Can't imagine hed be able to handle Dante's, Caldwell or Higo in a million years. Not sure who else is down at 135 in Bellator, Michael McDonald and Taimanglo? Maybe they have other prospects with talent he can test himself against or maybe he'll be fed constant cans until he's 30 like MVP.

At 145 I think there better prospects. Kids got hype because of Conor, being Irish, talking shit but we'll see how long he can back this up. He hasn't really had any real tests yet. McKee would have whooped him.

From Gallagher I see he's a slow and slappy striker. He's not tremendously strong and he shoots from way too far out in every fight, it's just he hasn't fought anyone that can defend a takedown yet. Theres talks he's going down to 135, Can't imagine hed be able to handle Dante's, Caldwell or Higo in a million years. Not sure who else is down at 135 in Bellator, Michael McDonald and Taimanglo? Maybe they have other prospects with talent he can test himself against or maybe he'll be fed constant cans until he's 30 like MVP.
Mckee would beat him. I could see him beating Mcdonald but losing to Taimaglo and maybe beating Hugo. Dante and Caldwell would tear him up as well. He did show a sick ground game and reminds me of Gunner Nelson.

Mckee would beat him. I could see him beating Mcdonald but losing to Taimaglo and maybe beating Hugo. Dante and Caldwell would tear him up as well. He did show a sick ground game and reminds me of Gunner Nelson.

Gunnar's grappling was really elite though, he got a Renzo black belt in like 1 year and beat guys like Gonzaga and Monson in open weight no gi events. He also has a karate background, good timing, accuracy and finesse to his striking. Gunnar's best attribute is his composure and mind though. I'm on that Gunnar wagon for life though, Maia got lucky.

I just don't see it in Gallagher but I also didn't see it in Whittaker or Lee until their law few fights. Hard to say though, none of his wins tell us anything except that he stands out against people not ranked in the top 150 of the division, which could mean anything.

Gunnar's grappling was really elite though, he got a Renzo black belt in like 1 year and beat guys like Gonzaga and Monson in open weight no gi events. He also has a karate background, good timing, accuracy and finesse to his striking. Gunnar's best attribute is his composure and mind though. I'm on that Gunnar wagon for life though, Maia got lucky.

I just don't see it in Gallagher but I also didn't see it in Whittaker or Lee until their law few fights. Hard to say though, none of his wins tell us anything except that he stands out against people not ranked in the top 150 of the division, which could mean anything.
Im not saying by any stretch of the imagination that James is Gunnar. Im talking about James showed flashes of Gunnar in his JJ because he trains with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's going to 135 right? Him and Pitbull do not like they should be in the same weightclass.

Im not saying by any stretch of the imaginations that James is Gunnar. Im talking about James showed flashes of Gunnar in his JJ because he trains with him.

I'm just glad we're talking about prospects period, especially Bellator prospects they're really investing in top talents. Hopefully they branch into Russia prospects next.

Kavanagh likes talking and getting attention
No he doesn't. As he said in the video he prefers the fighters to get the spot light. In boxing coaches get a press conference and he thinks it's ridiculous.

If you are the coach of the most talked about fighter in MMA obviously reporters and the media are going to try and get insight/opinions from him.

Mark Henry and co. have gone after Kavanagh to get attention. Not the other way around. He's also a man of his word. He said to Ariel that he'll be on MMA hour a week before and the day after and he has done every time win or lose.

Back