Which "legend" is more of a myth, Fedor or BJ?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both guys have big cult like followings, but both havent put on a recent performance to warrant such praise.

Fedor apparently THE GOAT but gets stomped out within one round by UFC reject Matt Mitrione. Fans claim father time but Anderson Silva is two years older than Fedor and just soundley beat Derek Brunson (a young strong UFC killer) at 42 years old. Also went 5 rounds with the UFC MW champ and recently went 3 rounds with the LHW champ. Fedor looks like he is skating for Disney On Ice everytime he fights as of late.

BJ Penn getting dusted over and over again and hasnt won a fight since the cold war era. Dennis Siver dismantled him and Yair KOd him dead. Before that Diaz, Edgar and Macdonald spanked him over and over since 2010. Ouch.

So which legend is more of a myth? Im leaving towards nanny phidor.

Last edited:
I'm going with BJ Penn. he was great for his weight class but people gave him way too much credit.

He's a great, but fedor = goat. I feel he is very under appreciated

TS is such an MMA noob, it isn't even funny.

/thread

Myth > Shertard keyboard warrior. (13 others)

Last edited:
Neither, but if you had to choose one of the 2, Blowjob Penn (not a hater just like that nickname).

Neither are myths.

BJ would have probably been better served to have stayed at 155, but during his prime he was a bad mf'er.

giphy.gif

Reporting furiously until you're banned.

TS is such an MMA noob, it isn't even funny.

/thread
The only noob is the blind die hard fans that live in a world where they think Fedor is GOAT because he beat up some part time fighters 20 years ago when MMA was brand new. Now he fignts rejected UFC fighters and gets STARCHED over and over while the true GOATS (Silva, GSP and JJ) are still relevant.

I'd put Fedor in the top 5 goat mma fighters and BJ somewhere in top 15-10 range. The term legend means a million different things to mma fans so I don't really know if either are legends, depends on your definition

BJ has never particularly impressed me. Even when he was killing people at lw, the division was stupid shallow. By far his best win, and maybe his only solid one, is Hughes.

What's up with all you fucking douchebags bagging on old fighters???

I hope when you are old, young kids abuse you

Wasteland all these dogshit threads

The only noob is the blind die hard fans that live in a world where they think Fedor is GOAT because he beat up some part time fighters 20 years ago when MMA was brand new. Now he fignts rejected UFC fighters and gets STARCHED over and over while the true GOATS (Silva, GSP and JJ) are still relevant.
How do we know GSP or Jones is relevant until they fight again? Plus Jones is like 10 years younger.

Both guys have big cult like followings, but both havent put on a recent performance to warrant such praise.

Fedor apparently THE GOAT but gets stomped out within one round by UFC reject Matt Mitrione. Fans claim father time but Anderson Silva is two years younger than Fedor and just soundley beat Derek Brunson (a young strong UFC killer) at 42 years old. Also went 5 rounds with the UFC MW champ and recently went 3 rounds with the LHW champ. Fedor looks like he is skating for Disney On Ice everytime he fights as of late.

BJ Penn getting dusted over and over again and hasnt won a fight since the cold war era. Dennis Siver dismantled him and Yair KOd him dead. Before that Diaz, Edgar and Macdonald spanked him over and over since 2010. Ouch.

So which legend is more of a myth? Im leaving towards nanny phidor.

Anderson is 2 years older not younger. He was already a ranked top fighter before Fedor and is now still a ranked fighter beating top 10 opponents, going the distance in a higher weight class against the champion etc. Fedor hasn't done that in what, 8 years? He is the myth.

Last edited:
Back