Prime Mark Kerr vs Prime Brock Lesnar?

That would be a cool fight

Both very similar big powerful wrestlers with power who didn't like being hit, tough to say which way it goes.

Would be cool to see those 2 monsters in the ring together

a very fun interview. and educational, esp about when the sport was brand new. you can listen to the whole hour long interview, and others, here (Adam Hunter posted it here last week.)

their stories about Randleman are great.

It would be interesting to see who could take down the other.

If they both defended a couple takedowns from each other it could turn into a very sloppy stand-up brawl.

Kerr was just a little bit more comfortable striking on the feet. He also threw leg kicks and knees from the clinch.

Kerr also has 10x the knowledge of submissions.

I gotta go with Kerr

Mark_Kerr2.jpg

I got Brock
Too big
they get into Brock. said he just doesn't like getting hit. never did. some guys just don't.

then they said something i had never thought of before....neither does Tito. they discussed how he covered up against Chuck; didn't even keep his eyes open to see the next shot, just ducked and covered and hoped for the best. i had to review his whole career, and....they have a point.

didn't stop either of them from getting to the tops of their mma careers though.

anyway...naw, Kerr gets down then beats up Brock. in my (meaningless) opinion, of course.

Mark Kerr was my first favorite fighter but I have to go with Brock Lesnar. I think all the pain pills made Kerr feel invincible in the cage against lesser opponents until his body couldn't take it. Lesnar is the more gifted athlete.

Brock is bigger. Wrestling about equal in terms of mma offensive wrestling.
I could see Brock landing a punch from the outside. Or Kerr landing a knee on the inside. If Mir could touch Brock's chin with his knee.......

Kerr used bully type submissions. He wouldn't have the strength advantage over Brock to keylock/kimura/can opener/etc. He got those kinds of wins against weaker (but skilled) fighters.

It would be interesting to see who could take down the other.

If they both defended a couple takedowns from each other it could turn into a very sloppy stand-up brawl.

Kerr was just a little bit more comfortable striking on the feet. He also threw leg kicks and knees from the clinch.

I gotta go with Kerr

View attachment 243709
Great points. Im going with Kerr too. Randy Couture showed that true world class wrestling technique was enough to negate Brock's wrestling, even though he was at a huge size disadvantage. Kerr was just a tadsmaller than Lesnar and his wrestling credentials were way better than Brock's. Kerr has 1 NCAA DI championship just like Lesnar but he was very successful on the world stage as well and at one point was one of the best HWs in the world. Not only that, he rounded out his wrestling with training in judo, sambo, and Bjj.

I got Brock
Too big

Yep. And Kerr folded pretty easily under pressure. Brock didn't until he had a huge part of his colon removed...he took a huge beating from Carwin and came back.

Last edited:
he rounded out his wrestling with training in judo, sambo, and Bjj.

Brock also cross-trained in BJJ and Catch....with more modern coaching. His destruction of Mir's half-guard was a thing of beauty...I don't think I've seen anyone match it to this day.

Kerr won mostly by being a complete monster, and against Brock he would have been out-monstered. I'd probably go with Brock.

View attachment 243709

Kerr's submission game was overrated. He just had a lot of power and subbed much weaker opponents with little grappling ability. Oleg Taktarov came back to MMA after a 10-year layoff and subbed Kerr like he was an amateur. So did a few other guys.

Yep. And Kerr folded pretty easily under pressure. Brock really didn't until after his surgery...he took a huge beating from Carwin and came back.

Bwahahahaha. Ahhh. casuals, LOL. Kerr was 12-0 and a legit MONSTER before he fell off. Brocks 'career' pales in comparison to Kerrs without him being handled a pint sized old as fuck champion to beat. Mark Kerr would likely put Brock Lesnar into a fucking coma. For life.

Back