I thought Fedor & Mitrione Looked Good

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They were both moving so well, looked lighting quick and sharp for HWs before the double knowck down calamity. I don't know man I was quite impressed and I actually believe both would do quite well in the current UFC HW climate

The fight wasn't that long, all I remember is Fedor standing flat-footed in the center of the circled square.

I can never tell when a HW looks good anymore.

Top 10 fuck them both up
Based on what ?

Fine he lost to Rothwell and Browne and before that he KOed gonzaga , derrick lewis ( who was a good prospect ) , and shawn jordan all within a round.
He continued to KOed people in Bellator in a round or two ... it ain't that bad.

If you looked at todays ranking Derrick Lewis , despit his loss AND retirement is still ranked #7 in the UFC.

looked good for a geriatric magazine. I was a fedor supporter, but that is not fedor.

Based on what ?

Fine he lost to Rothwell and Browne and before that he KOed gonzaga , derrick lewis ( who was a good prospect ) , and shawn jordan all within a round.
He continued to KOed people in Bellator in a round or two ... it ain't that bad.

If you looked at todays ranking Derrick Lewis , despit his loss AND retirement is still ranked #7 in the UFC.
The Browne loss was BS. Mitrione probably was never getting to the top, but he could be top 10 in the current HW div.

They were both moving so well, looked lighting quick and sharp for HWs before the double knowck down calamity. I don't know man I was quite impressed and I actually believe both would do quite well in the current UFC HW climate
People just want to shit on Fedor because they are so insecure about who they think is GOAT, so they feel a need to demean him...

The only reason Meathead won, is how both felt.
Fedor felt on top of his leg, and as such he could not recover in time.
Props to meathead for capitalizing on it. But that does not mean much for Fedor. Fight could have gone either way.

Last edited:
Mitrione could definitely be top 10 in the UFC, Fedor wouldn't even be top 20.

Fedor used to be a methodological killer. Now he seems just like a headhunter to be honest.

definitely

A day after Thanksgiving Roy Nelson, would fuck them both up

Fedor was never a headhunter, which is what happened to most heavyweights who once were considered grapplers first, the speed and timing as you get older just isnt there anymore, When was the last time you seen Fedor hit the ground, which is his strength? 6 years ago? People age, they resort to what's left and what is left for Fedor is his power punching which is certainly isn't his best skill set. he lost his ability to be quicker than his opponents, and thus he now suffers for it. he should have retired after the Bigfoot Silva fight.

As long as Schaub doesn't come out of retirement. And then there's Ben Rothwell and Travis Browne...

both were moving around well. expected of mitrione, he's a good athlete. fedor was setting up his strikes. his biggest issue was that he kept his head on the center line and had no head movement.

if he moved his head a little bit when he landed that bomb, he would of gotten his hands raised.

this is like chuck liddell late in his career. he still had crazy power, but he didn't have the chin he had earlier in his career to make up for his lack of technique.

Back