UFC 215 Main Event?

Matthew Fedler

Professional Fighter
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I am a survivor of the horror that was UFC 149 in Calgary and I am hoping for a great card to exorcise that demon. Which upcoming title fight(s) do you think we get?

Stipe vs Cain
Woodley vs Maia
Holloway vs Edgar
Mighty Mouse vs Borg
Joanna vs Rose

My guess is Holloway/Edgar and Joanna/Rose.

I am a survivor of the horror that was UFC 149 in Calgary and I am hoping for a great card to exorcise that demon.

If 215 turns out to be terrible, I'll just assume you're the jinx.

Thinking Woodley vs. Maia.

I am a survivor of the horror that was UFC 149 in Calgary and I am hoping for a great card to exorcise that demon. Which upcoming title fight(s) do you think we get?

Stipe vs Cain
Woodley vs Maia
Holloway vs Edgar
Mighty Mouse vs Borg
Joanna vs Rose

My guess is Holloway/Edgar and Joanna/Rose.

Love all of those but i wouldn't use them all on one card. Gotta make other cards good too.

Stipe vs. Cain with either Maia vs. Woodley or Frankie vs. Holloway on it too.

Don't think they want to put Velasquez in a main event without a co-main that can serve as main if he were to pull out.

Cain hasn't fought in a year and beat Travis Browne....the fight before that was after another year lay off and he lost. So he's 1-1 in 2 years. How does he deserve a TS? I like the rest Of the ideas though.

Lmao so mm demands more money and ducks tj = Dana laughs and just scraps the card .. obviously the correct move . Mm shot himself in the foot

You are an imposter no one survived that disaster. The arena was blown up and all record of that night scraped from history.

I can't see them booking Holloway/Edgar and Joanna/Rose as main and co main, none of them are draws

Both fights will probably be co mains or on Fox main events

I can't see them booking Holloway/Edgar and Joanna/Rose as main and co main, none of them are draws

They don't have many options. That's why the original 215 was cancelled.

Holloway-Edgar, Joanna-Rose, Khabib-Tony, Tony-Barboza 2, Dillishaw-Cruz 2 and maybe Woodley-Maia.

None of these names hold weight to the main consumer (casuals)... Maybe Joanna.

At best it will be two title fights to make up for a whole month off.

feed Cain a can just so he can quench his thirst for blood

Hate to be negative but I think a deal doesn't get done with DJ and they turn it into a fight night. Woodley vs Maia would be nice but one week before MayMac is PPV suicide.

Cain hasn't fought in a year and beat Travis Browne....the fight before that was after another year lay off and he lost. So he's 1-1 in 2 years. How does he deserve a TS? I like the rest Of the ideas though.
That is essentially the exact same scenario that JDS was just in before his title shot. That's heavyweight for you.

Khabib vs. Ferguson very likely imo

Holloway/Edgar is an MSG fight. If Jones beats Cormier, I imagine him and Guastafsson headlining MSG. Greatest fight of all time and all.

Will they do 3 title shots for MSG? Joanna vs. Rose then if so.

Hate to be negative but I think a deal doesn't get done with DJ and they turn it into a fight night. Woodley vs Maia would be nice but one week before MayMac is PPV suicide.
They did cancel the Seattle card you're talking about, so Edmonton is now UFC 215 and that's the card I'm referring to.

Not every PPV has to be a blockbuster card necessarily, especially a card sandwiched between Mayweather-McGregor and Canelo-GGG.

Back