Does anyone else still get mad about "Pettis vs Alverez" ???

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just watching him practically hold onto Pettis in that fight pissed me off. It gave me even more reason to root for RDA & Conor when they fought Eddie.

eddie-alvarez-anthony-pettis-ufc-fight-night-81.jpg

Just look how cocky he acted after that bullshit victory....

04-Eddie-Alvarez-UFC-178-weigh-750x370.png

Better question, are there any fights that piss you off when thinking about it.

It's a sport.
Shit happens.

It's the stupid reactions and stupid analysis by stupid fans that irritates me more.

Yes that fight irritated me and i love me some pettis but he should learn how to defend against being taken down/held against the cage in every fucking fight if he ever wants to be relevant again

Not as mad as I get thinking about the RDA fight!

Those are the fights that makes me HATE grappling in MMA.

You can win a fight by just taking somebody down and laying on top of them. That bullshit needs to change.

Yes. To this day I still hate him for it and I'll NEVER Forgive him!!!

Dude get over it man. He obv fought that way to secure a title shot and it worked. And he capitalized. I don't get hung up on bad fights someone may have. Guys have their reasons and their gameplans. Just like Carlos was on his bicycle for the Diaz fight, and right after he went back to having wars again. Is normal

How did he act cocky after the victory?

Yea I still cry myself to sleep over it every night under my Anthony Pettis posters in my moms basement

Edward Sanchez was exposed as a fraud and club fighter

Cut him

Scott Smith vs David Terrell was the most incompetent ref mistake I've ever seen. Fucking disgusting and still makes me angry. Terrell prob partly to blame too

Sure, whenever Chael Sonnen fights.

Scott Smith vs David Terrell was the most incompetent ref mistake I've ever seen. Fucking disgusting and still makes me angry. Terrell prob partly to blame too

What happened during that fight?

Yes that fight irritated me and i love me some pettis but he should learn how to defend against being taken down/held against the cage in every fucking fight if he ever wants to be relevant again

These day's he's getting plain outstruck.

don't think i'll ever get over edgar/henderson 2 myself.

What happened during that fight?
Something happened and the ref yelled at the fighters to break and stop fighting. Smith stopped fighting like asked immediately. The second he stopped Terrell immediately took his back and choked him out right after

Smith was screaming at the ref the whole time. The ref didn't do anything and acted like he never told them to stop and just let Terrell choke him out and win the fight

Pearson va Sanchez is up there. Took away Pearsons biggest win ever with the fuckiest decision ever

ya it was boring to watch he essentially shoved him head onto pettis's crotch.

Grappling and control is a perfectly viable strategy to win fights.

Have zero problem with it and to be honest i love it more and more because it pisses off casual fans.

Back