Kevin Lee vs Clay Guida

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Would be a good opportunity for Lee to prove himself against an experienced veteran and would be a good opportunity for Guida to climb back into Lightweight title contention.

Opinions?

It's a step down for Lee at this point.

#KevinKhabibDec

Khabib is gonna stay at LW??
As far as I know, he is. He right there next to a title fight. If he can just make weight a couple more times he could be champion.

At WW, he'd have to work his way back up.

lol and people say the matchmaking in the UFC is bad

<YeahOKJen>

Would be a good opportunity for Lee to prove himself against an experienced veteran and would be a good opportunity for Guida to climb back into Lightweight title contention.

Opinions?
<{1-69}>

This makes no sense for anyone.

i wonder what new antics would lee bring to this fight

Guida is 4-6 in his last 10.
Sure he'll still beat people with no take down defense and/or bottom game but that's not Lee.
Lee vs anyone in the top 10 would be a better fight.

Guida is 4-6 in his last 10.
Sure he'll still beat people with no take down defense and/or bottom game but that's not Lee.
Lee vs anyone in the top 10 would be a better fight.
He's a former champion who's defeated two former LW champions and his last few fights were at FW. Guida is legit at LW

How is this bad matchmaking, Guida was one win away from a title shot at one point.
Right now Kevin needs a top 5 guy. Maybe too 3. Nothing outside of top 10 is acceptable. it wouldn't be a fun fight at this point, Lee would destroy him and prob be like a -800 favorite.

How is this bad matchmaking, Guida was one win away from a title shot at one point.
BJ was a defending champ at one point and is the best LW ever. Guess he deserves a TS too with your criteria

He's a former champion who's defeated two former LW champions and his last few fights were at FW. Guida is legit at LW
Yeah a former Strikeforce champion in 2006 and who hasn't stopped anyone in 6 1/2 years. Pettis can't stop a take down and RDA was in 2011. Did you forget Gomi was a champion too? Or that Josh Tompson was? If you're including Strikeforce for Clay then you'd include it for Thompson and surely you include Pride? Danzig and Nate were TUF winners so that's sort of a champion too.

If he was still a legit LW he'd have stayed at LW and not dropped down.

I'll stick with what I said before, he'll beat people who can't defend a take down or who have no bottom game (in boring points wins) but he'll lose to anyone else.

Back