Build your brand

Deus Ex Machina

Look at that neck bitch
@Blue
Reaction score
Can we please put an end to this cringewothy bollocks where fighters keep overtly talking about their 'brand'. Tyron woodley is clearly the worst offender on this front, however after last nights nonsense where ferguson told kevin lee to build his brand before they could fight this nonsense has got to stop, its awful.
It's like a bunch of guys with minimal education heard a buzzword and seem to think that repeating it makes them sound like the next Trump/Branson etc.

Surely brand building is a consequence of success and results, a brand does not exist for the sake of it, it is an organic result of success?

Maybe its just me but when i hear a fucking cage fighter tell someone they don't want to fight until the opponent builds their brand my brain can barely process the pretention.

UFC took away a fighter's brand the moment they forced Reebok on them.

how are you supposed to build your brand when you can't even promote it on UFC television?

Who's gonna put an end to it? You can't make them stop saying it.

I tought this was going to be about Faber vs Ludwig and peanut butter

88hAVrb.gif

Their brand is the most valuable thing they have

Their brand is what sells PPVs and gives them negotiating power

Their brand is the most valuable thing they have

Their brand is what sells PPVs and gives them negotiating power

This is absolutely true

But when they actually talk about it, it takes away from the experience. For example, Sonnen talking shit was a lot of fun. I think most people knew that deep down that Chael was playing a character, but it was still fun. When a guy like Koscheck gets tooled by GSP and then takes the mic and says "yea all that was for hype, it's all good," it's just weak. Instead of promoting themselves, they actively involve talking about their brand and "money fights" (note that most guys who use these terms are not PPV draws). It's gone from actually having personality, to talking about yourself strictly in business terms. It's boring. I'll take a solid zinger from Michael Bisping over Tony Ferguson and whoever else talking brands like Darren Rovell any day.

I was the guy with dynamic fastner on my ass and ammotogo on my dick before. Now I'm just another reebok billboard.

Back