Chiesa was done; here's the proof

Chronicsonic

chocolate rain
Banned
Reaction score
I've already seen alot of discussion on here about the controversy of the fight and I was tempted to just comment on one of the other threads, but I decided to make my own after analysing the choke a few times.

Though I can't argue that it wasn't an early stoppage, what I can say is that i'm 99% sure the fight would have been over within the next 5 seconds or less.

Mario does have a rep for being a bit of a shitty ref but he is a BJJ blackbelt and knows when someone is out or not.

After rewatching the clip a good few times I checked for every detail and just before Mario stops it Chiesa's body goes limp, most most noticible with his legs in which you can clearly see them go limp.

watch between 0:51 and 0:57 and pay close attention to his legs

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-26_23-39-6.png
    upload_2017-6-26_23-39-6.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 72
  • upload_2017-6-26_23-40-12.png
    upload_2017-6-26_23-40-12.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 67
Great vid.

In those same seconds you see he was clearly out, total unconsciousness (his eyes are closed and head doesn't move for a second after he is released).

He recovers quick but should man up and admit what really happened.

Unsportsmanlike IMO.

200.gif

Kimbo was out. Look at him tap and go limp.

The universe was 99% sure Rockhold would crush Ping again, ref should've just called the fight at the staredown to save Ping from unnecessary harm

Meh... I say let'm die

I've already seen alot of discussion on here about the controversy of the fight and I was tempted to just comment on one of the other threads, but I decided to make my own after analysing the choke a few times.

Though I can't argue that it wasn't an early stoppage, what I can say is that i'm 99% sure the fight would have been over within the next 5 seconds or less.

Mario does have a rep for being a bit of a shitty ref but he is a BJJ blackbelt and knows when someone is out or not.

After rewatching the clip a good few times I checked for every detail and just before Mario stops it Chiesa's body goes limp, most most noticible with his legs in which you can clearly see them go limp.

watch between 0:51 and 0:57 and pay close attention to his legs

I'm pretty sure the issue is not so much whether or not Chiesa was done (which he probably was) but the fact that the stoppage was very poorly handled.
If it had been properly handled there would be no question, he should have checked an arm to see if it was limp or wait for a tap.

He was absolutely, positively done. Whether people agree with Yamasaki or not, the outcome of the fight was not altered.

Look at his hands. They are not limp

I thought at the time his eyes closed, so I was baffled by the commentary team

The universe was 99% sure Rockhold would crush Ping again, ref should've just called the fight at the staredown to save Ping from unnecessary harm

Cool story - you living in a fantasy land huh?

Here in reality Chiesa WENT LIMP. It's a sensation I'm sure you're familiar with, perhaps that's why you're having trouble dealing with it.

Unless Kevin Lee was on some Roger Gracie shit I don't think Chiesa would have gone out that quickly. It was not the correct stoppage, even if Mario did think Lee had him dead to rights. If refs acted that way all the time, MMA would be incredibly shitty.

Mike deserved a chance. This is what they do....

It was premature, not much to talk about.

Unless Kevin Lee was on some Roger Gracie shit I don't think Chiesa would have gone out that quickly. It was not the correct stoppage, even if Mario did think Lee had him dead to rights. If refs acted that way all the time, MMA would be incredibly shitty.

you ever been choked bro? all it takes is literally a second or two in the right position.

you ever been choked bro? all it takes is literally a second or two in the right position.

No, just going off of what I've watched. I know it's keyboard warrior-tastic of me. I've only ever seen Roger Gracie put someone (Kevin Randleman) out that fast, hence that reference.

It does look like Chiesa goes lights out for a second right before it's stopped

No, just going off of what I've watched. I know it's keyboard warrior-tastic of me. I've only ever seen Roger Gracie put someone (Kevin Randleman) out that fast, hence that reference.

true it was a quick one but it was fully locked in from what I saw. im no expert tho

The Big Cheese didn't just do a fake tap. He's craftier. He revised it and updated the standard coward/b!tch move; it's a fake tap and fake limp.

Chiesa stopped defending himself. His arms went to the side and his eyes began to close. Did Mario stop it before the tap? Yup. Did Mario stop it too early? Perhaps a second or two. Bottom line is Chiesa was on his way to sleep and he wasn't trying to escape anymore.

Back