Breaking UFC 216 Re-named as UFC 215 Takes Place Sept 9 No PPV in August

But for real thanks mighty mouse. One less card headlined by him

lol @ blaming a fighter for a cancelled PPV and not the promoter that couldn't put together a card worthy of people paying for.

they said as soon as MayMac got anounced that there would be no PPV in august, just early september.

they doing embedded and everything for mayweather/mcgregor

Good shit. Allows them to stack that Canada card. Got options like Cody G if he is healthy. Maybe TWood, maybe Stipe, maybe MM.

Got some options.

They didn't have much available for August.

So...

Fight Night 114 Mexico City on August 5th then zero events until Fight Night 115 Rotterdam on September 2nd.

Turrible.

<1>

I think we all pretty much knew this was gonna happen. I was hoping they'd at least replace it with a Fight Night but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

I just realized this makes for only 1 UFC event in the whole month of august.

That kinda sucks

Welp, they better stack the fuck out of the Canada card. No excuses since August is being skipped over.

lol @ blaming a fighter for a cancelled PPV and not the promoter that couldn't put together a card worthy of people paying for.

Props to the promoter who didn't want to ask fans to pay $300 in a 3 week span to watch fights. Most of us with a brain knew once May/Mac was announced they were gonna bail on this. Don't even think they ever really announced it.

So...

Fight Night 114 Mexico City on August 5th then zero events until Fight Night 115 Rotterdam on September 2nd.

Turrible.

<1>

Dana fucking whites Tuesday fucking night contender series EVERY FUCKING TUESDAY

<Dana05>

Welp, they better stack the fuck out of the Canada card. No excuses since August is being skipped over.

LOL, it's not.

I'm sure that Mayweather/McGregor put that in the negotiations, that all eyes will be on them.

Hopefully they can put together a high level card for Edmonton, but I don't have my hopes up.

New matchups have been nearly non-existent over the past couple of weeks since the boxing match was being finalized, so lots of high profile pairings out there to be made/announced.

Why are you all complaining we have an excellent card in august headlined by moreno and sergio petttis. Be grateful the ufc has put on such a main event before the mcgregor bout.

Flyweight Sergio Pettis vs. Brandon Moreno
Bantamweight José Alberto Quiñonez vs. Diego Rivas
Flyweight Dustin Ortiz vs. Hector Sandoval
Middleweight Sam Alvey vs. Rashad Evans
Lightweight Alvaro Herrera vs. Jordan Rinaldi
Middleweight Brad Scott vs. Jack Hermansson

As a fan I couldnt ask for much more

LOL, it's not.

I'm sure that Mayweather/McGregor put that in the negotiations, that all eyes will be on them.

Hopefully they can put together a high level card for Edmonton, but I don't have my hopes up.

New matchups have been nearly non-existent over the past couple of weeks since the boxing match was being finalized, so lots of high profile pairings out there to be made/announced.
Skipped over in terms of MMA events? Yes it is. We get one piss poor Mexico City Fight Night event. Many months get at least 2, sometimes 3 events. McGregor/Mayweather is boxing. I'm talking UFC events.

Back