Am I the only one who wants GSP to stay retired?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After seeing these legends getting ko'd and worked lately, I'm not sure I want to see another one go down. Granted GSP might be different, but I just have a bad feeling he'll get schooled in his next fight too cause we know he's not coming back to fight a top 15 guy. Who else wants him to chill and stay retired?

I'm curious to see how he looks. The situation with Bisping has been a fiasco. If GSP was injured they should have never done the press conference. I suspect Dana White knew he wasn't medically cleared because they never set a date at the press conference.

In hindsight they should have waited until he was physically ready before announcing a fight. I would have liked to see him against Bisping but not 8 months after the press conference. I have no sympathy for Romero because he's been caught cheating.

GSP can do what he wants. If the fans want to pay to see him fight, they will.

He has the best brand as an mma fighter to have his own gym. I too would prefer he stayed in retirement.

He will either lose or fail a drug test

Stay retired and let a real Canadian warrior like RoMac fight

He went out and walked away at the right time, before the whole UFC turned into a mess. He should stay retired. I remember him being one of the most vocal about doping tests and clean the sport and sort of warn us all, then the moment he was gone, one by one, every one got busted up of tests, and a long list of suspensions happen. He saw it coming.

Don't want to see him back either at this point. His heart hasn't been in the game for a long time, don't want to see him get hurt like the others. He hasn't taken as much damage, but still. He walked away exactly when he should have.

He looks physically good I know he's a gym rat and whatever is chronological age his physical body age must be 2-3yrs younger. Him coming back would not be shocking or upsetting to me.

After seeing fedor, bj, hughes and anderson go out slowly and so far from what they once were, im all for him staying retired. The biggest blemish on his record is a controversial win over pre usada hendricks, he has nothing to prove.

Rematch with Hendricks.

Indifferent. I will definitely watch if he does come back, but if he doesn't meh. He would not get an immediate title shot if I'm Sean Shelby. Make him fight Luke or Gegard first.

After seeing fedor, bj, hughes and anderson go out slowly and so far from what they once were, im all for him staying retired. The biggest blemish on his record is a controversial win over pre usada hendricks, he has nothing to prove.

Don't forget Hendo, Liddel, Couture, Wanderlei, Faber, Gomi, Arlovski, and Lil Nog.

Somehow Shogun and Hunt are still picking up wins though.

I'm not even a fan of GSP and I would expect him to far better than the legends you've seen fight lately. He is a wrestler, those skills don't fade until much later. Look at Randy couture, chael dinner etc. As a striker when you lose your speed and reaction time you're done. It's not the same as a wrestler, while GSP would need to strike obviously but he wouldn't have to rely on it to win. It's also not like he's been sitting on the shelf this entire time either...

I want to see if GSP's still got it, if he's more aggressive since he doesn't hold the belt.

If you don't want to watch a well rounded former dominant champ, go watch Dancing With The Stars or something else gays watch.

returning would only be good for his wallet

for the rest, it would suck

Back