GSP 100% ready to come back and face....

runnpray

Full Kit Wanker
@Black
Reaction score
BIG RIGG!

GSP 50-45 guaranteed.
A52N_u6CYAADp0c.jpg

Not a fan of Hendricks, but it's easy to keep your record unblemished when you quit before you start losing definitively.

Hope GSP is ready to move up to LHW.

I think Johnny Hendricks will develop scale anxiety, if he hasn't already.

Somebody should measure his Heart rate and blood pressure before he sees a scale, every time he sees a scale, and 10 minutes after the scale is no longer in his field of vision.

That will be an interesting study. haha

USADA Hendricks is a C level fighter. GSP beat him with fucked up knees and Hendricks benefitting from avoiding extra drug testing.

Not a fan of Hendricks, but it's easy to keep your record unblemished when you quit before you start losing definitively.

Do you find it more admirable when guys stick around after they start losing like BJ, Fedor, Chuck etc?

Heh, I find it odd.
half the threads in here are bashing Wandi, Sonnen, Fedor & BJ for fighting beyond their prime... but GSP stopped before that, and gets a hard time as well....

people need to realise that there's no exact answer, and fighters have to pay their bills after they retire, reason why some hang on for a few extra years.

Heh, I find it odd.
half the threads in here are bashing Wandi, Sonnen, Fedor & BJ for fighting beyond their prime... but GSP stopped before that, and gets a hard time as well....

people need to realise that there's no exact answer, and fighters have to pay their bills after they retire, reason why some hang on for a few extra years.

I think GSP gets a hard time because he didn't retire definitively and has been a cock tease about making a comeback for the last three years. Then when he finally decides to come back, campaigns for a fight against an easy opponent outside his weight class instead of the tougher fight in the division he vacated. GSP is just like Mighty Mouse. He doesn't care about his legacy. He only cares about the W's. Doesn't matter who it's against as long as he can beat them.

Guys like Chuck and BJ were at least willing to test themselves and go out on their shield if need be. That will always get more respect in my book.

This is a stupid post. Hendricks won the fight against GSP but you don't outpoint a champion who defended the belt 9 times. It was incumbent on Hendricks to go more than 70%. Judges make bad decision all the time. Hendricks benefited from a bad decision against Koscheck.

GSP doesn't need to defend himself or worry about a fight in 2013. He won 12 straight fights and helped bring MMA into the mainstream. He made a lot of money, sold a lot of PPV's and one the first MMA fighter to have mainstream sponsers like Under Armour, Gatorade, etc.

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of GSP. He retired or took a break. So what? He was supposed to keep fighting like BJ Penn and Fedor or Chuck Liddell until he's punch drunk?

Since their fight Hendricks won the belt, and has looked terrible since USADA. We have no idea how GSP would look because he stopped fighting in part because of the lack of testing. He was one of the fighters calling for enhanced testing.

I think GSP gets a hard time because he didn't retire definitively and has been a cock tease about making a comeback for the last three years. Then when he finally decides to come back, campaigns for a fight against an easy opponent outside his weight class instead of the tougher fight in the division he vacated. GSP is just like Mighty Mouse. He doesn't care about his legacy. He only cares about the W's. Doesn't matter who it's against as long as he can beat them.

Guys like Chuck and BJ were at least willing to test themselves and go out on their shield if need be. That will always get more respect in my book.

This makes no sense. You say GSP and MM don't care about their legacy yet they only care about W's thus building on it?

Difference between them and BJ and Chuck is that they were good enough to be long reigning champions. BJ and Chuck both got found out. Kudos for them "testing" themselves but GSP's legacy will be greater than theirs

Your criticizing GSP for retiring with a great record. As if it would somehow be better if he stuck around and turned into a punching bag like Chuck & Fedor?

This makes no sense. You say GSP and MM don't care about their legacy yet they only care about W's thus building on it?

Difference between them and BJ and Chuck is that they were good enough to be long reigning champions. BJ and Chuck both got found out. Kudos for them "testing" themselves but GSP's legacy will be greater than theirs

MM is solely focused on beating Anderson's defense record. You think anyone outside his fans give a shit about that? Most people will think Anderson still has the greater legacy because he tested himself at LHW during his reign. MM may have the greater legacy "on paper," but people will always remember he was adamant at staying at the smaller weight class fighting a bunch of cans and ducked BW where he was not guaranteed to be top dog.

And for what it's worth, I think Tito, BJ, Chuck and lot of other legends long overstayed their welcome. There is definitely a time to hang up the gloves, but it's certainly not before you start losing. Losses should be accepted as a natural part of the sport. It's not something to avoid like the plague as Ronda would have you believe.

Different fighters did different things that made them great. BJ Penn fought above his weight class, the guy fought Machida at 205. Silva fought B level LHW's and destroyed them. Couture picked off an easy HW. Conor has gone up to 155 and fought a 155er at WW rules.

If GSP didn't want to fight a much bigger and potentially enhanced Silva, then fine. Maybe he doesn't have the same attitude as Penn. Same for Mighty Mouse. If they want to dominate their division, their careers, their brains that have to take the punishment.

Back