bj is filthy rich. time to retire

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
Will Brooks @ILLxWillBrooks
BJ continues to fight because he doesn't have other ways to financially provide for himself & family. It's the only explaination.

I'm not sure what will brooks is talking about. bj was raised in a very wealthy family. inherited millions. he doesn't need to fight for $. he looks like a shell of what he used to be. hopefully he retires.

Living in Hawaii, rich, somewhat famous, and has a hot wife. BJ should definitely retire before he becomes permanently damaged from fighting and fks up the rest of his life. The dude has a lot to live for..

Living in Hawaii, rich, somewhat famous, and has a hot wife. BJ should definitely retire before he becomes permanently damaged from fighting and fks up the rest of his life. The dude has a lot to live for..

exactly correct... not to mention he hasn't looked competitive in YEARS...

What if he fights because he likes that ?

Will Brooks @ILLxWillBrooks
BJ continues to fight because he doesn't have other ways to financially provide for himself & family. It's the only explaination.

I'm not sure what will brooks is talking about. bj was raised in a very wealthy family. inherited millions. he doesn't need to fight for $. he looks like a shell of what he used to be. hopefully he retires.
Maybe he's really bad with money. He wouldn't be the first dumbass athlete to flush millions down the toilet.

TS can you provide us some details on how you know BJ is rich and does not need money?

We have seen too many times that inheriting tons of money, winning a giant lottery or making tons of money as a top athlete does NOT mean the person is rich years later if they have not managed their money. So again, can you send us the info you have on how BJ has handled his finances?

I highly doubt that Penn is "filthy rich".

Probably somewhat presumptuous, but looking at the way that he has managed his career since 2010, I don't see him or his handlers as the type that would have invested and saved wisely.

Now whether he should be rich or not is a different question.

Last edited:
I have always been skeptical about this "Penn is rich" thing.

TS can you provide us some details on how you know BJ is rich and does not need money?

We have seen too many times that inheriting tons of money, winning a giant lottery or making tons of money as a top athlete does NOT mean the person is rich years later if they have not managed their money. So again, can you send us the info you have on how BJ has handled his finances?

from celebrity net worth.com: "B.J. Penn is an American mixed martial artist and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner who has a net worth of $22 million"... I have some friends who live in Hawaii who know him a bit. confirm he got shit tons of $. mostly from his family. also has rvca sponsor $. he has gyms. books. seminars. but again, mostly family $

Last edited:
What if he fights because he likes that ?
Then he should perhaps put in the work that needs to be done.

Get off Hilo; actually go to a camp/gym with other fighters that will push him, have a proper S & C regime.

Basically don't run your own camp. Get out of your comfort zone.

He sure ain't winning a belt in a 3rd weight division. He's got a long ways to go to erase the stink of his Edgar 3 loss, his Yair loss, and now his Siver loss.

He just doesn't do the training. You could tell he ran outta cardio and had a huge lactic acid blow out. His legs hadn't been inured to kicks, they quickly robbed him of movement. His strength wasn't there.

You need athleticism as well as skill, other than chin and flexibility he seriously lags behind the other athletic attributes UFC level competition demands.

BJ is 38 gonna be 39. He hasn't won since 2010 against a past prime Matt Hughes. That's 7 years. He peaked early. Now 30 fights later, he has a lot of mileage.

Back