B.J. Penn lost again

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
Yesterday he fought with Dennis Siver and he lost via majority decision. What's your thoughts about it?

For me it's a bit of travesty to see him still fighting. People around him should advise him better, because he's a true fighter who lives by the sword and dies by it.

He dropped Siver, best mma accomplishment since 2010. He can finally retire with a feeling of fullfillment.

Yesterday he fought with Dennis Siver and he lost via majority decision. What's your thoughts about it?

For me it's a bit of travesty to see him still fighting. People around him should advise him better, because he's a true fighter who lives by the sword and dies by it.

No, man! Best fighter of all time is Chael Sonnen. He's old and still wins fights.

B.J. Penn loses. Chael wins.

Chael > B.J. Penn. FACT.

He dropped Siver, best mma accomplishment since 2010. He can finally retire with a feeling of fullfillment.
Hopefully so, because he took a lot of damage in that fight.

It's sad. We established the fact that he didn't have it anymore after the Frankie fight, that should have been it. But if he can't beat Denis Siver, who's he going to beat? BJ needs to be cut off. Stop booking him.

Just warming up for the next title run.
Have some respect for a guy. Emotionally to carry the burden that you are one of the greats and end your career on losing note is quite hard.

BJ is only 38 years of age

The reason he can't win fights is because he has no heart

BJ should of hung them up a long time ago. He's over the hill..

Still a BJ fan though..

As I said, people around him should talk to him and convince him that it's ok to stop.

UFC is big nasty oiled up evil - they will never stop offering him fights.

It's better losing a 29-28 to a fellow vet than matching him up with a young dude who smashes him. Maybe he can fight Gomi next if he still wants to keep rolling. The lack of takedowns to make use of his top game is a bummer.

As I said, people around him should talk to him and convince him that it's ok to stop.

UFC is big nasty oiled up evil - they will never stop offering him fights.

I think they will now. There's no money to make out of him anymore so he might be safe from their grasp.

Wrong forum. You were looking for the wasteland.

I hate to see it.

I didn't like the Fedor fight. I didn't like the end of Tyson's career. I didn't like seeing Holmes destroy Ali. I didn't like the last year of Peyton Manning's career.

Those guys were great. That's how I want to remember them. Not broken down at the end of their careers

It's better losing a 29-28 to a fellow vet than matching him up with a young dude who smashes him. Maybe he can fight Gomi next if he still wants to keep rolling. The lack of takedowns to make use of his top game is a bummer.
Exactly he should fight old guys if he still wants to do it.

How I forgot to check the results of this fight I don't know. Kevin Lee is just too hot right now.

Back