Chiesa won the lottery

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Probably going to get a rematch because of the "controversy" of the stoppage.

Dude was getting hammered and was not getting out of that choke, but now he gets to play the early stoppage angle and worm his way into a rematch of a legitimate loss.

Happiest person in that building should be Chiesa - gets a do-over. A mulligan.

Yep i agree, that choke was in and it was over, he was just going to pass out eventually.

It looked like he was out and or phantom tapping.

not sure about the rematch, the whole panel in FS1 was talking about his next upcoming fight and treating it like a win, and I hope the UFC does the same, chiesa really doesn't deserve and kevin deserves a better opponent

not sure about the rematch, the whole panel in FS1 was talking about his next upcoming fight and treating it like a win, and I hope the UFC does the same, chiesa really doesn't deserve and kevin deserves a better opponent

Agreed, Kevin needs to keep moving up - the W was completely legitimate.

That's emotions talking he doesn't want to get beaten by the same guy twice in a row.

Not sure I agree. I am sure in his mind, he thinks he can beat him. Doesn't seem like the type of guy to back out of a fight.

Kevin Lee looks like predator ngannou junior but he's a choker, weird.

i don't feel the stoppage was controversial at all. unlike the kish fight, chiesa didn't have any room to roll or twist around to create space. lee had him flat against the cage with no where to go. chiesa did defend the initial RNC by pulling lee's left hand down, but lee adjusted to a cable grip and there was no escape.

i don't care for lee one bit, but he won.

I am ready to see Tiramisu Khabib vs Kevin Lee.

This is the fight to make.

i don't feel the stoppage was controversial at all. unlike the kish fight, chiesa didn't have any room to roll or twist around to create space. lee had him flat against the cage with no where to go. chiesa did defend the initial RNC by pulling lee's left hand down, but lee adjusted to a cable grip and there was no escape.

i don't care for lee one bit, but he won.

No one is doubting that he most likely was going to win, or would have gotten the sub. It's just that it didn't play out the way it should have due to the referee which is simply going to make it with an asterisk.

No one is doubting that he most likely was going to win, or would have gotten the sub. It's just that it didn't play out the way it should have due to the referee which is simply going to make it with an asterisk.

Unfortunately, I've seen some people doubt exactly that. Maybe not on this thread, but I've seen it.

I agree it was an early bad stoppage, but no one should be debating the outcome would have been different.

15 months off and comes in against a hungry, capable rising star like Kevin Lee and gets demolished.

These top ranked fighters who take extended time off, it doesn't seem like there's a fast track to going back to your previous rankings.

The sport moves so quickly. In a year off, completely new faces are rising through the ranks, staying active, evolving.

lee won easy and convincingly.. yah he won the lotto because ppl wont see it as a real loss for him. kevin lee dominated him and isn't getting the credit..

15 months off and comes in against a hungry, capable rising star like Kevin Lee and gets demolished.

These top ranked fighters who take extended time off, it doesn't seem like there's a fast track to going back to your previous rankings.

The sport moves so quickly. In a year off, completely new faces are rising through the ranks, staying active, evolving.

You say that like he's on his couch eating Cheetos and slurping the milkshakes from the discount menu of Sonic for 15 months. The dude was still training and shit during that time. He just sucks and the ranking placed him way higher than his skillset.

Doesn't help that another fighter on the card was given enough leeway to shit herself, and still escape a choke.

At the very least, Mario needs to personally check to see if dude was truly out, before just calling the fight. Touch his arm, or ask him if he's still there. Something. Don't just call the fight without knowing for sure.

Back