Mario saved Chiesa from brain damage

shrame99

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
After Kevin Lee tightened the body triangle and the choke, Chiesa's hands went LIMP, he was doing the chicken hand dance, he was essentially done. Mario Yamasaki saved Chiesa from un-necessary brain damage. That was a great stoppage by Mario, preventing un-necessary damage to a fighter who had already lost.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know how long it takes to sustain brain damage from a choke

You clearly don't know how long it takes to sustain brain damage from a choke
Whether a person / fighter gets brain damage from being unconscious for mere seconds from a choke is up for debate but nothing is written in stone

Yeah, because long-term jiujitsu guys are all so punchy from getting choked...

Whether a person / fighter gets brain damage from being unconscious for mere seconds from a choke is up for debate but nothing is written in stone

So why are you saying he saved him from brain damage then?

<{vega}>

The choke was tight but there is a TON of room open on the left side of Chiesa's neck. After seeing this view I'm really not sure Lee had the choke locked up.

usa_today_10131686.1498449818.jpg

So why are you saying he saved him from brain damage then?

<{vega}>
alright let's say Mario saved him from getting potential brain damage. Wouldn't you want someone to save you from "potential" brain damage ?

The choke was tight but there is a TON of room open on the left side of Chiesa's neck. After seeing this view I'm really not sure Lee had the choke locked up.

usa_today_10131686.1498449818.jpg

I agree with your assessment, but I would like to see a timestamp for that frame just to verify with the video.

I agree with your assessment, but I would like to see a timestamp for that frame just to verify with the video.
That's a good point, from the position of his hands it looks like just before the fight was stopped but I don't know that for sure.

Dumbest shit I've read today. Bravo. You've clearly never done BJJ or submission grappling.

Look what up? Wikipedia isn't a credible source, I know my teachers told me.
Wikipedia is not a definitive source of information but neither are some books from the library. In general though Wikipedia is accurate and reliable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back