Michael Chiesa's post fight interview. Plans to appeal...

He may not love Mario, but Mario loves everyone

mqdefault.jpg

hes bullshiting, god I was rooting hard for him, but he did not shrugged his shoulders as he said and he did not reach for lees hands once the gable grip was locked.

Chiesa won't win that either, what's the point?

I think he's got a case for it. He didn't tap or yell so the fight shouldnt have been stopped. Athletic commission very very rarely will admit wrongdoing, though, so the case will get denied. Sad.

These appeals never go anywhere. Waste of time and money. Commission will not admit a mistake. For example, Rumble Johnson still has a loss to Kevin Burns by blatant eyepoke

He won't win. You can see in the replay he was impersonating a dying T-Rex.

Pointless. We can all see that Yamasaki screwed up. We can all also see that Lee had Chiesa in all kinds of trouble that Chiesa didn't seem likely to get out of.

I'm all for firing Yamasaki, but not for overturning Lee's victory.,

Seriously, though...

How many fights have been overturned for a reason like this ? I'm sure it must have happened at least once. But, none come to mind.

And who the fuck knows anything at all about the Oklahoma AC ?

But, I wouldn't do it. It is what it is.

Appealing makes a fighter look like a bitch, imo. Even if they have a legit case.

he was assed out, wouldoj.jpg have been unconscious in 2 seconds. Mario saved him from shitting himsself

These appeals never go anywhere. Waste of time and money. Commission will not admit a mistake. For example, Rumble Johnson still has a loss to Kevin Burns by blatant eyepoke

Props. That was the exact case I was thinking of when trying to remember ridiculous athletic commission decisions.

Has any fighter's appeal ever worked? And when it gets turned to NC does the winner lose his win money?

I understand Chiesa. Winning is sooo important in todays UFC, if there is no immediate harm to him (and there wasnt) let him go out or maybe survive it until the bell rings. Especially with that an experienced grappler like Chiesa. He deserves that.

Its not really a fault from Yamasaki but like most times his timing is just off.
Imo Chiesa would have gone out but thats on him to decide in such a big fight (main event). There was no danger for him to get injured like a Kimura..etc.

If he loses the appeal and a rematch, does that count as 0-3?

He was going limp and there is no denying it.

Plus.. it would be hard for Chiesa to prove his "point", being Kevin did earn a 50k bonus for the fight. So those more higher up in the UFC and WME, then Dana, think Kevin won and rewarded him for it. Dude looked out and his body convulsed once Kevin let go of the choke..

Back