Imagine if Hughes/Trigg2 was stopped...

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
... after Trigg latched on the RNC.

There's a reason why fights are ended by submission only after a tap, or the fighter goes limp, and NOT up to the referee's discretion like when a fighter is being beat up and the ref's judgement comes into play if he's intelligently defending himself.

Bullshit stoppage by Mario. Period.

'Well, he was about to go out anyway.' Yeah? You know that for a fact? No, you don't, and we'll never know.

Mario Yamasaki and most of these other refs are way past their reffing prime.

they need to retire.

Then Bruce Buffer would be UFC WW champ via his fighting Trigg in the elevator.

Moral of the story: don't wave your hands as if tapping while not defending a seemingly-tight RNC.

<seedat>

... after Trigg latched on the RNC.

There's a reason why fights are ended by submission only after a tap, or the fighter goes limp, and NOT up to the referee's discretion like when a fighter is being beat up and the ref's judgement comes into play if he's intelligently defending himself.

Bullshit stoppage by Mario. Period.

'Well, he was about to go out anyway.' Yeah? You know that for a fact? No, you don't, and we'll never know.

Chiesa tapped reluctantly.

Looking to increase your post counts by pressing a few letters and clicking 'Post Reply'?

I'm sure the mods won't notice that.
Yeah, I'd love nothing more than to rival your number of posts or even surpass it on a karate forum, because it does so much for self-image.

Just enjoy the fact that your thread was graced with a Frank Trigg reference, and carry on.

Or ready yourself for combat

12456.jpg

Going out, isn't out.
What are we arguing here. The process of becoming unconscious? The instant between consciousness and unconsciousness? What does it look like?

Unfortunately we can't see Mike's eyes. Mario can though. Mario is the only person who can look into Mike's eyes in that moment. Wish we had that perspective but we don't. What we can see is his arms stiffen in the air, not defending for a moment. We also see his leg moved forward in unison with his arms stiffening. In that very same moment, Mario, who is standing over Chiesa, ends the fight.

Chiesa, which I assume was on the verge of consciousness, comes to the moment the chock is released.

Yeah, I'd love nothing more than to rival your number of posts or even surpass it on a karate forum, because it does so much for self-image.

Just enjoy the fact that your thread was graced with a Frank Trigg reference, and carry on.

Or ready yourself for combat

12456.jpg

You're already on Sherdog.

We have no self-image. :p

It really looks like he's going night night and Mario saved him from going fully out.

Shouldn't be stopped but 99.5% legit win.

The more I watch it, the more I see that Chiesa wasn't going out.

It doesn't work like that, not instantaneously.

Speaking from experience here.
Are you suggesting you've replicated that same situation in real life, with his breathing patterns and strength of the choke?

I highly doubt you could replicate that scenario exactly.

Back