Chiesa tried a FAKE TAP. Yamazaki then stopped the fight. Legit win for Lee

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
uCwBb5o.gif

courtesy of @Jackonfire

so, he fake tapped, and t hen, because of this fake tap, yamazaki stops the fight

lee was the legit winner of that fight. nuff said

what fake tap? he was out for a split second

Now that I see it again, I see what Chiesa was talking about. Lee didnt fully have the choke on correctly. Looks to me Chiesa was trying to stretch out to releive the pressure of the choke. there wasn't any direct pressure on the left side of Chiesa's neck

Gracie Breakdowns are the only ones that can save us.

It did look like he was going to double tap his own chest since he couldn't reach Kev's body parts to tap.

Now that I see it again, I see what Chiesa was talking about. Lee didnt fully have the choke on correctly. Looks to me Chiesa was trying to stretch out to releive the pressure of the choke. there wasn't any direct pressure on the left side of Chiesa's neck
So you're saying it would've taken just a bit longer before he went out? Because Lee was not letting go...

Was still breathing, early stoppage.

Thanks for posting the gif but I don't think that's a fake tap. He stiffened up.

Can't believe that's the only perspective being circulated. Figured there would be another view by now.

Not a chance, and that choke was not dialed in.

Chiesa literally sprang up the moment he let go, you don't pop up like that on your way out.

The referee made a bad call, plain and simple.

Last edited:
We have to remember this was a 1st round Lee who was latched onto Chiesa's neck, not a 3rd round fatigued, weaker Felis Herring. Just saying...

Chiesa literally sprang up the moment he let go, you don't pop up like they on your way out.

Watch the gif a few times

He faked tapped by not touching Lee, so that he wouldn't know he was tapping?

Uh, ok.

He was starting to go out, or went out. Mario should have either checked his arm, or waited for a tap.

So you're saying it would've taken just a bit longer before he went out? Because Lee was not letting go...
No one knows, maybe Lee would have had to adjust to fully lock in the choke. Maybe Chiesa could push his and Lee's head into the cage to take more pressure off the choke. As long as you have the ability to breathe (even a little) the fight isn't over.

Not saying Chiesa would have won or even got out of the choke... we dont know, and that really sucks

uCwBb5o.gif

courtesy of @Jackonfire

so, he fake tapped, and t hen, because of this fake tap, yamazaki stops the fight

lee was the legit winner of that fight. nuff said
All I saw was Chiesa stretched out when Lee tightened his grip on his body lock, and with the remaining time left on the clock why continue to burn up your energy fighting off something you cant improve on. A veteran BJJ artist knows how to control his breathing. Shit even Paige VanZant knew how to slow her heart rate when Rose had her in a RNC for 55 seconds. Referee was careless. Bottom line the guy didnt tap. You wanna see a tap....watch Conor vs Nate Diaz 1

Not a fake tap. He was reaching for Lee's hand to y'know...try and get out of the choke.

Chiesa literally sprang up the moment he let go, you don't pop up like they on your way out.

He sprang up bc oxygen finally went back into his brain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back