Chiesa underestimated Lee big time.

IHWBass57

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
You see this happen once in awhile (any big name fights come to mind?) where a fighter will just start throwing submission attempts over and over and give up position after getting timed. Chiesa just was spamming the triangle after he missed the first attempt, Lee timed it, and Chiesa gave up position. You have to be crafty on bottom, mix up your attack, and wait for the right moment. You can't be that aggressive on bottom at this level. Great work by Lee for taking his window to victory when it opened.

It's poor Fight IQ on Chiesa's part, plain and simple. Every strike Chiesa threw, Lee was backing up and seemed vulnerable. Then he looks for a TD. It's mind blowing. Does no one watch tape? Lee's stand up is trash, why go for a TD? Move away and keep it standing.

I could have swore I saw Lee rack his eyes and then give a few 12 to 6 elbows to the back of Chiesa's head... I dont think it would have mattered in the end, but it looked like he fouled him 3 times in the span of a few seconds lol

I could have swore I saw Lee rack his eyes and then give a few 12 to 6 elbows to the back of Chiesa's head... I dont think it would have mattered in the end, but it looked like he fouled him 3 times in the span of a few seconds lol
you saw correctly. Some dont know the rule.

Back