Why can't fights be restarted? They should!!

S

SouthoftheAndes

This is such garbage.

The athletic commissions NEED to fix this. With instant replay and audio replay unless a fighter is choked unconscious, verbally taps (that can be verified) or physically taps (noticeably) a fight should not be stopped.

and yeah LOL a rematch. Good way to further hold up both fighters and the division but it is needed given the fact that Chiesa DID NOT TAP!

Because of Ref incompetence it fucks fighters records up's and holds up a division.

One of the early UFCs had a "do over" fight, I think Conan Silviera and Enson Inoue? And didn't Lesnar vs. Mir I get restarted and Mir won?

How can you just put Chiesa back in that choke hold, after Kevin Lee has had time to get his arms rested, and ready for a tighter squeeze? ahaha

Doesn't make sense.

One of the early UFCs had a "do over" fight, I think Conan Silviera and Enson Inoue? And didn't Lesnar vs. Mir I get restarted and Mir won?

Correction, it was Sakuraba! He beat Conan in the do over.

And Brock vs. Mir I was restarted after foul punches, not a stoppage.

This is such garbage.

The athletic commissions NEED to fix this. With instant replay and audio replay unless a fighter is choked unconscious, verbally taps (that can be verified) or physically taps (noticeably) a fight should not be stopped.

and yeah LOL a rematch. Good way to further hold up both fighters and the division but it is needed given the fact that Chiesa DID NOT TAP!

Because of Ref incompetence it fucks fighters records up's and holds up a division.
It wouldn't be fair to restart the fight after saving cheisa from a deadlock submission.

How can you just put Chiesa back in that choke hold, after Kevin Lee has had time to get his arms rested, and ready for a tighter squeeze? ahaha

Doesn't make sense.

Yes

It wouldn't be fair to restart the fight after saving cheisa from a deadlock submission.

It is more fair than an early stoppage.

Fighters put their 'soul' into training and fights and for some fuck idiot ref to mess that up it is very depressing.

That's exactly how boxers die, MMA doesn't need this. Mistakes by refs happen, just live with it.

Stop, don't move. Roll back the video and reposition the backpack choke and body triangle? Sounds good.

Yes

Fighters put their 'soul' into training and fights and for some fuck idiot ref to mess that up it is very depressing.
No it wouldn't Cheisa stopped defending the choke, he wasn't defending himself intelligently giving the Reff some grounds to stop the fight he really could have waited 10 seconds though.

Yes

How much head start squeeze should the ref give Kevin Lee before the 30 seconds can be started again? Should the ref let Kevin Lee squeeze until Chiesa starts to go limp (like he was originally) until the 30 seconds can be started again?

It is not practical.

He did go kind of limp, I don't really blame Yamasaki for this one. It was only a matter of seconds before he went to sleep anyway. Chiesa doesn't deserve a rematch.

This is such garbage.

After watching the reply several times I think the stoppage was fine.

Back