Should conor have followed Nate to the ground in the second fight?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
Some idiot posted a thread " why couldn't Conor finish Nate but journeyman Josh thomson did?" Or something stupid along those lines. Of course his logic is flawed because Josh hit him with a head kick that generates like 3X the force punches do. But this does bring up a good question. After conor dropped nate 3 separate times, why didn't he just go after him with GnP and try to get a ref stoppage? Yes I understand Nate is dangerous on the ground. But in the first fight. Conor was on top the end of R1 Raining down punches. I think conor made a mistake. He should have GnP him just Like Josh Thompson did to make big Jon stop the fight

Only if he wanted to get finished.

He fought smart and safe.

Only if he wanted to get finished.

He fought smart and safe.
Watch the end of R1 in the first fight. Conor got a reversal and swept Nate onto his back. He stood on top off Nate in his guard raining down punches. Nate didn't sub conor off his back. He subbed Conor after conor was hurt and gassed from top position.

Watch the end of R1 in the first fight. Conor got a reversal and swept Nate onto his back. He stood on top off Nate in his guard raining down punches. Nate didn't sub conor off his back. He subbed Conor after conor was hurt and gassed from top position.

OMG

Do you SERIOUSLY think Conor can hang with Nate on the ground?

If so, I really don't even know what to say.

Nope. Didn't want to risk another submission loss.

OMG

Do you SERIOUSLY think Conor can hang with Nate on the ground?

If so, I really don't even know what to say.
I mean if you just watch the first fight you see conor in Nate's guard GnPing him? Lol

He got the win so no,thats were nate is strongest,but in hindsight he may of been able to control nate on the ground after the 3rd knockdown and preserve some energy while doing so

Nate is probably the worst guy to try that on his specialty is triangles from the guard after getting knocked down

Makes 100 percent more sense to keep it standing

The real question is why didn't wand follow Chuck to the ground

Sure...Conor should have got cocky and tried his hand on jits against Nate lol

Sure...Conor should have got cocky and tried his hand on jits against Nate lol
I'm not asking him to go after him and try to sub him on the ground. After dropping Nate for the third time with punches, he should have stood over him and punched him senseless

Back